I'm gonna play farmer today.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
I'm going to till up the second garden today and get the corn planted.
I bought 4 kinds, they all finish at different times. We end up with fresh corn on the cob for about 6 weeks and we freeze the rest.
Any of you guys plant a garden, or does it cut into your neffing too much to consider?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
I'll be getting one ready after we get back from Hawaii. I tilled a portion of the garden, but the other half is a disaster. My goal is tomatoes, corn, brussel sprouts, and potatoes.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
I could TOTALLY see myself getting into gardening. Just haven't got around to it yet - waiting for the back yard grass to come in nice & thick and then we'll have a nice little veggie garden at the back. My mom is into it, she's got herb gardens and the whole deal - a real greenthumb. I put up a bird feeder on the weekend, and I'm actually considering getting a used pair of binoculars to do some bird watching. Must be getting old - I LOVE the idea of birdwatching.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
No garden, but I do have a few hot pepper plants growing in my window sill

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
I'll be getting one ready after we get back from Hawaii. I tilled a portion of the garden, but the other half is a disaster. My goal is tomatoes, corn, brussel sprouts, and potatoes.

We put in broccoli, cukes, green peppers, green beans, tomatoes, peas, lettuce, spinach, romaine (and more salad stuff), corn, pumpkins, watermelons, cantaloupes, honeydews, and gourds among other things.
Our weather was beautiful and now it's cold, wet and miserable. Today's going to be the exception so I'm getting out there while I can.
Have fun in Hawaii!!! (i'd like to see the sugar cane, pineapples and black sand beaches)

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
We have a garden that's about 2500 s.f. I was really into it a few years ago - we had corn over 10 feet tall (I have some nice pics), but the past couple of years, it's really been more for my neighbor than us, as her property is a bit too shaded. Now we keep about 20 tomato plants that really produce, a few bean plants, and that's about it.

I want to do a winter garden with broccoli and potatoes (homegrown potatoes are fantastic) but I just never have gotten around to it.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i'll try to post a pic, but it will have to be after i get back from the trip AND after i weed it a bit, too embarrassing right now

the tomatoes are doing fine, cucumbers and radishes and broccoli are growing