I'm gonna be rich!!

xaigi

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just got an email from a very nice sounding man in South Africa. He says that he is an Executive Accountant with the South Africa DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES AND ENERGY and that he is willing to give me more than 5 million dollars if I help him transfer 21 million out of the country.

All I have to do is give him my bank account number and sign a few forms; then I'll be a millionaire!

Yep, the next time you see me, I'll be in a limo! Woohoo!!

---------
Actually, the sad part is that someone somewhere must actually fall for this sht. Someone must be giving these guys bank account numbers and signing forms, otherwise they would move on to some other scam.

Maybe I should reply; instead of my bank account number, I can offer them the opportunity to invest in new penis enlargement technology or the chance to double the size of their breasts.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Dude, your being bullshitted. I know serveral other people, including me, that has gotten this mail. Its actually an illegal front for something, I cant' remember what.

y2kc

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2000
one of our users at work got the same email the other day...that was one wild story, and they only need all of your personal info before they transfer the 25 mil...sounds like a good deal
rolleye.gif

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
Originally posted by: xaigi
I just got an email from a very nice sounding man in South Africa. He says that he is an Executive Accountant with the South Africa DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES AND ENERGY and that he is willing to give me more than 5 million dollars if I help him transfer 21 million out of the country.

All I have to do is give him my bank account number and sign a few forms; then I'll be a millionaire!

Yep, the next time you see me, I'll be in a limo! Woohoo!!

-
Actually, the sad part is that someone somewhere must actually fall for this sht. Someone must be giving these guys bank account numbers and signing forms, otherwise they would move on to some other scam.

Maybe I should reply; instead of my bank account number, I can offer them the opportunity to invest in new penis enlargement technology or the chance to double the size of their breasts.

Yeah, I got one of those too... but I kept the 21 million he transferred into my account.
rolleye.gif

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: RyanSengara
Dude, your being bullshitted. I know serveral other people, including me, that has gotten this mail. Its actually an illegal front for something, I cant' remember what.

I think he was being sarcastic.

smp

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
You guys are telling me this is a scam?
This sounds awfully familiar to the deal I just got into .. I'm waiting on my cut of the millions .. anyways, this nice lady from indonesia .. i think .. anyways, her husband was murdered and she got my personal information from somewhere and thought that I'de be the best guy to pick to invest her money for her .. sweet deal! I get like 25% of her 25 million :D
wahoo!!!

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001

Dude, you aren't going to survive to 500 posts...

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
Originally posted by: MacBaine

LoL

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Hoober

LoL

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If it sounds too good to be true........

Definitely a SCAM. Nigerian SCAM

The Nigerian Scam is, according to published reports, the Third to Fifth largest industry in Nigeria. It is the 419 Coalition view that, in effect, the elites from which successive Governments of Nigeria have been drawn ARE the Scammers - therefore, victims have little recourse in this matter. Monies stolen by 419 operations are almost Never Recovered from Nigeria, though there have been some indications of progress in anti-419 matters under the Obasanjo government

Secret Service Page

From US State Travel Tips
Recognizing a Business Scam

Each week, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the Consulate General in Lagos, Nigeria (along with many other embassies) handles several "scam" cases in which businesspeople, many of them experienced in overseas transactions, have lost to confidence operators sums ranging from a few thousand to upwards of one million dollars.

Frequently, persons who have come to Nigeria to "finalize" such deals have been threatened or assaulted; in a few cases, scam victims have been killed. Unfortunately, local police and other officials have not provided assistance to those caught up in scams. (Although Nigerian immigration officials recently began warning likely victims upon arrival at Lagos airport, the U.S. Embassy's ability to help those already in the hands of their "business associates" is extremely limited.)

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000

Dude, that the best you can come up with? Nothing about his GLARING ability to overstate the obvious?
No snide remarks about the intelligence level?

ah well, such is life....

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Yeah I got in on that deal too. Gave the nice man my checking account #. The next day all 37 cents in my checking account was gone. Was a sad day.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
I already got in on this Hot Deal when it was posted in the HD forum. I think the $21 million will come in sometime before my CompUSA rebates.

Jmmsbnd007

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
What are you talking about? I have my money sitting right in front of me, it actually worked!

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
One of my fellow employees showed me a similar e-mail she had gotten.
I told her I'd seen many instances of similar e-mails.
She then told me that she happened to tell a firend about it is an FBI agent in the local field office here.

She said her friend asked her to forward her a copy of the e-mail, since the FBI is investigating these types of e-mails, thinking there might have ties to terrorist groups.