I'M GETTING DA PHAT PIPE!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Just called my own Sales Department. I'm getting ATTBI installed Monday between 10am-12pm.

I'm getting $50 off Premium Install (the complete install which is regularly $99.99)
I'll be "renting" a modem from them, and I know which ones I'm going to refuse to use and which ones I'm going to request when the tech gets here :)
I'm getting two months free (w0ot)

And, as my luck continues, there are hardly very many people out here who have the service. So hopefully I'll be getting the full cap. :D

WOOHOO!! - omg... no more dialup! Dialup? We don' need no stinkin' dialup!

nik

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
uhhhh...since you work for them, shouldn't you get it for free, or next to free?

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
"The full cap"? What are your bandwidth restrictions? I would guess 1.5m down and 256k up.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
uhhhh...since you work for them, shouldn't you get it for free, or next to free?

Nope. Even real employees (who don't work for a 3rd party outsourcer) don't get it for free.

nik

littleman

Golden Member
May 19, 2000

/me looks at ffmcobalt, thinking he is implying something else.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt

Nope. Even real employees (who don't work for a 3rd party outsourcer) don't get it for free.

nik

That stinks. I know some people who work for cox, and get over $200 worth of cox services(landline, cell, cable, internet) for under $50 a month. That's an awesome benefit.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
which rentable modem is the best in your opinion, just incase my rented one happens to "break" anytime soon :p:D:p:D

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: mpitts
"The full cap"? What are your bandwidth restrictions? I would guess 1.5m down and 256k up.

Yup, that's it.

nik

I had AT&TBI at my old apartment complex. I know for a fact that they had at least 75 people that had the service and I never had latency issues. Even with a lot of people using the service in your area, the only slowdowns you will experience will be due to the server you are connecting to. Cable bandwidth pipes are huge.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Lets put it this way... the node will be practically empty: maybe a few dozen at most

:D

And, no, I can't just "uncap" everybody. Technicians get fired without any questions asked. AT&T audits my call center's activities every two weeks. If I want to get fired, I'd do it and enjoy my last two weeks working in the cable internet community.

I'm going to ask for a RCA DCM245 or a Motorola Surfboard SB4100.

nik

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: littleman

/me looks at ffmcobalt, thinking he is implying something else.

mmmmmmmmm

come'ere big boy
*kiss face*

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: tigerbait
I'm going to ask for a RCA DCM245 or a Motorola Surfboard SB4100.

why those two? are they necessarily better than any others?

Their light configurations are easier to read. They don't take 15 to boot up sometimes like some modems that are getting passed out still (cough*lancity*cough). For the most part, they're the ones that boot up fastest. Generally, they're just the easiest to troubleshoot. :)

nik

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
have fun.. :) i've got a rca dcm215 and never had any troubles with it..

woah to that link to that 27000+ 3dmark score for the radeon 9500... :Q i want one of those.. wonder what kind of cpu/system setup that's running on..

tigerbait

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
ok...cool... I just got Cox High Speed Internet installed in my new apartment yesterday. I bought a Linksys BEFCMU10 cable modem for $60 at OD, and I was online about 1 minute after the tech called in the serial and MAC.

I was just looking at this list and seems that most of the different modems all use the same chipsets.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
You assmonkie!

You do, however, get discounts on the service, right? Not free, but discounts?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: dakata24
have fun.. :) i've got a rca dcm215 and never had any troubles with it..

woah to that link to that 27000+ 3dmark score for the radeon 9500... :Q i want one of those.. wonder what kind of cpu/system setup that's running on..

That DCM215 is OLD! :Q I mean... they were passing those out two years ago and even then, they weren't the latest generation.

I'm a beta tester for Radeon. That's on my system.

nik

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: LordMaul
You assmonkie!

You do, however, get discounts on the service, right? Not free, but discounts?

Not one red damn cent. :disgust: :frown: My management refuses to negotiate with AT&T for their techs.

nik

XCLAN

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
I would guess 1.5m down and 256k up.

i am lucky to get .5 meg and 100k up often edit
*your upload «63 kbps* actual speed test from dsreports.com just taken

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000

nik

the hell I don't...I am free, with a 3mbit / 1mbit cap, have to use it for VPN work tho but only sometimes. but then again I am part of the team that sets and maintains the caps, so if needed I can uncap but the bosses look down on it.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
That DCM215 is OLD! I mean... they were passing those out two years ago and even then, they weren't the latest generation.

lol. well, i got it summer of last year.. it's served me well though. i used to get 3.5Mbps with 30-40ms pings on the @home service.

that one sweet setup/video card.. blows the GF4 away.. i think the highest 3dmarks ive seen for a gf4 are in the mid-15000 or maybe alittle less.. been awhile since ive even bothered. but that's some card. :)

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
ha i get a full 3 MBpS on my cable line, that's always on, never any downtime. Suprisingly, I have Adelphia and get such good performance. I only pay 49.99 for it too.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: dakata24
That DCM215 is OLD! I mean... they were passing those out two years ago and even then, they weren't the latest generation.

lol. well, i got it summer of last year.. it's served me well though. i used to get 3.5Mbps with 30-40ms pings on the @home service.

that one sweet setup/video card.. blows the GF4 away.. i think the highest 3dmarks ive seen for a gf4 are in the mid-15000 or maybe alittle less.. been awhile since ive even bothered. but that's some card. :)

lol - I'm soooooo pulling your leg, dude. If I got one of those cards as a beta tester, I'd run all the tests or whatever, then sell it for a phat wad.

nik