Im done with paypal...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tbirdkid

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2002
the card i used, i dont use for anything but paypal. it is tied to a second account that i have. again.. I DONT USE IT FOR ANYTHING BUT PP.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Tbirdkid
the card i used, i dont use for anything but paypal. it is tied to a second account that i have. again.. I DONT USE IT FOR ANYTHING BUT PP.
And you claim you've never clicked on a link in an email from eBlay or PlayPal or your bank to update your information? Those account problem notices seem awfully important!

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
It's more likely that you clicked on an email from eBlay to "correctify your account enstopplement problem" and gave them your personal information to "fix" the problem.

Or that you used the card to buy gas or food, or at an ATM with a shim installed . . . .

LOL :D

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Tbirdkid

What makes you think that Paypal leaked your number, just because they are the "only" organization that you've ever provided that number to? My mom got a brand new credit card a few years ago. She activated it, but had not used it, and when her statement came, it had been fraudulently used in some other state.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BUTCH1
We just had a major "skimmer" incident around here, many #'s were harvested and
used in Las vegas were I guess you can get cash from an ATM without a PIN#. The
amount so far is around 750K stolen so far. When asked why cards are allowed to
dispense cash without a PIN# a Las Vegas tourism Rep. said " were a consumer
friendly city" No word for a couple of weeks in local media as to the status of the
investigation but most guess that once enough #'s were harvested the persons
responsible removed the skimmer before the fraudulent charges were made...

personal identification number number

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Originally posted by: SoundTheSurrender
My mom's credit card was used in the Netherlands to buy books online. Weird part was my Mom never used her Credit card on the internet.

most of the people that i knwo that have had their credit card numbers stolen had them stolen in real life and fake cards made up from the information on them.