I'm afraid for my life.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
burgler.png

OMG that looks like a fucking demon! Stop posting stills! :oops: :(

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Nope. I would recognize that guy immediately. Open and shut case. I don't recall this guy ever being in the store, although he must have in order to know exactly where to go to get what he wanted.

which is why i'm telling you to look at the store camera footage that was pointed at the area where those boots were and see who was trying them on.

it's either someone who has been there and tried them on or someone who works at the store.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
i doubt that guy's black. he looks white, based on his facial structure and the fact that you can see a beard on him in the video.

seriously, look through the video of the past few days and see if anyone was checking those boots out. look for someone who fits his description (white guy, thin, beard/goatee). also, make sure you take notice of the boots he was wearing into the store and see if they look like the boots the guy was wearing in the video. that's, more than likely, your guy.

you can fast forward through the video rather than just sitting there spending tons of hours looking through it in normal speed.

One thing that you should note. See those white western hats in the upper left corner of the second video? They're actually black western hats. Camera night vision does weird things to colors. The local police, who are mostly black, think the guy is black. I've already sent my entire video record to the chief of police here. Hopefully he will actually look at it.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
One thing that you should note. See those white western hats in the upper left corner of the second video? They're actually black western hats. Camera night vision does weird things to colors. The local police, who are mostly black, think the guy is black. I've already sent my entire video record to the chief of police here. Hopefully he will actually look at it.

i dunno, man, that face looks like a white guy's face. he just doesn't strike me as a black guy whatsoever. also, the guy's face is shaded by the cap.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
i dunno, man, that face looks like a white guy's face. he just doesn't strike me as a black guy whatsoever. also, the guy's face is shaded by the cap.

Someone else told me this as well. I'm not writing it off, believe me. I'm more worried about the guy in the mustang presently. Is it wrong to assume they are the same guy given my recent experiences? Isn't it at least very suspicious?

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
how much were these boots?

i'm wondering if it's possible that he grabbed these discount boots to sell on craigslist or something. if they're cheapo boots, they'll be less conspicuous as expensive boots because there will be more of them being sold by people in the area. either that or he was "christmas shopping".

Last edited:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
$59.95 (plus tax)

i'm wondering if it's possible that he grabbed these discount boots to sell on craigslist or something. if they're cheapo boots, they'll be less conspicuous as expensive boots because there will be more of them being sold by people in the area. either that or he was "christmas shopping".

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Breaking into a store with a gun to steal a pair of boots just to sell on craigslist doesn't seem like a very profitable endeavor. I think he just wanted those boots.

I'm more worried about the guy in the mustang presently.

Is the guy in the mustang white or black?

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
you haven't done anything stupid like sleep with a taken woman or anything, have you? it could be a pissed off significant other or ex.

also, it could be a coincidence.

have you contacted the cops? could the cops show you a picture of the dude they thought it was to see if you could ever remember seeing that guy in the store? have you contacted the cops about seeing who owns the mustang?

since it's a small town, maybe try looking at the parking lots of local bars and movie theaters for that car. if he's at the bar, call the bar and tell the bartender to make an announcement that the car has its lights left on. when the guy comes out, see if he fits the description (obviously, be parked someplace a safe distance away in an inconspicuous area).

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005

It just doesn't seem like its worth the effort to me. He actually walked past boots and clothes that were worth hundreds of dollars more to get that shitty discontinued pair of Ariats. He pretty much has to be a dumbass who thought they were worth risking incarceration for. Yet that same dumbass is apparently driving a late model mustang with a custom paint job. It really doesn't add up.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Breaking into a store with a gun to steal a pair of boots just to sell on craigslist doesn't seem like a very profitable endeavor. I think he just wanted those boots.

you're sure he has a gun?

how did he bust the glass of the door? was it a gunshot? hard to tell from the video. looks like he mighta thrown a rock or something. did they find any fired bullets anywhere near the door?

it looks like he has a beer in his hand. maybe he just got drunk and thought it would be a good idea.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
It just doesn't seem like its worth the effort to me. He actually walked past boots and clothes that were worth hundreds of dollars more to get that shitty discontinued pair of Ariats. He pretty much has to be a dumbass who thought they were worth risking incarceration for. Yet that same dumbass is apparently driving a late model mustang with a custom paint job. It really doesn't add up.

based on what the video looks like, he was drunk off canned beer.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
you're sure he has a gun?

how did he bust the glass of the door? was it a gunshot? hard to tell from the video. looks like he mighta thrown a rock or something. did they find any fired bullets anywhere near the door?

it looks like he has a beer in his hand. maybe he just got drunk and thought it would be a good idea.

He cracked the glass of the southern door with the butt of a gun. Apparently he decided that position was too exposed or something and moved to the northern door. There was about a 3 minute pause between his attempts, which I assume was when he found the cylindrical thing he broke the northern door with. A beer can would not have broken the door like that. It was some heavy object about as large as a beer can though. You'll notice he took it with him as he left. We never found it either.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Yes to all that. The investigator came with a file and photographs. I couldn't say it was him for sure, but he fit the particulars.

then why can't they haul his ass in for questioning or get a search warrant or something? i bet you that's the guy.

also, as for the cylindrical thing, are you sure that's what broke the window? the glass in the door broke before he walked up to it. to me, it seems like he's drunk and carrying a can of beer. he might have just thrown a rock at the door to bust the glass. do you have rocks by the door where it wouldn't have seemed out of place?

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
then why can't they haul his ass in for questioning or get a search warrant or something? i bet you that's the guy.

also, as for the cylindrical thing, are you sure that's what broke the window? the glass in the door broke before he walked up to it. to me, it seems like he's drunk and carrying a can of beer. he might have just thrown a rock at the door to bust the glass. do you have rocks by the door where it wouldn't have seemed out of place?

The cameras are motion activated. It picked up the glass breaking after he had already thrown the cylindrical thing at it. it gets stuck in the glass and you can see him struggling briefly to get it out. Then he kicks the door until it breaks and lifts the broken glass so that he can gain entrance. After extracting the cylindrical thing he never loses contact with it. He throws it onto the door, gets it out, steals what he wants, and exits with it in hand.