I'm a Grandfather!

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
I have been noticing that my two jack dempsey's(Vicious Bastard and Mary) have been acting odd recently and 15 minutes ago I'm looking in their tank and I about a hundred little jack dempsy's swimming around:Q

Looks like I'm a grand dad to a school of fish

RagtagOp

Aug 18, 2002
Well since no one else has, congratulations on your fish. Remember, not too many fish food flakes.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: RagtagOp
Well since no one else has, congratulations on your fish. Remember, not too many fish food flakes.
YAY!

atleast somebody cares :)

DeschutesCore

Jul 20, 2002
Congratulations on the delivery! We had some Tiger Barb's about a two weeks ago, so we know how you feel.

BTW - Do Dempsy's even eat flake food? I thought they required meat like tubiflex worms and brine.

DC

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
cichlids are cool, and fun to breed

cichlids are good parents :)

if the babies can get enough food they will grow like weeds

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
I have been noticing that my two jack dempsey's(Vicious Bastard and Mary) have been acting odd recently and 15 minutes ago I'm looking in their tank and I about a hundred little jack dempsy's swimming around:Q

Looks like I'm a grand dad to a school of fish

you have sex with fish? :confused:

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Beau6183
that's awesome, but you better get a nursery, they'll eat their young
I did some reading tonight and I have to leave them in there for 20 or so days and then I'm going to remove Vicious Bastard and Mary(the parents) and put them in another tank

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
just make sure they don't eat each others' faces :Q
(you know what I'm talking about :p)

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: DeschutesCore
BTW - Do Dempsy's even eat flake food? I thought they required meat like tubiflex worms and brine.
They were eating flake food for a while and then I switched them to pellets. Occasionaly I'll throw a cammel cricket that I find in my room in there :)