illegal Immigration Correction

inglatera

May 23, 2012
So, I have been thinking about a possible resolution to possibly curb illegal immigration. Offering a possible resolution to assist those who want to become US citizens.
If we were to charge 3000.00 per person to apply for US citizenship.
breaks down as follows.
if the person is granted citizenship thru the legal process, it only cost them 3000.00. they are granted what they want, now become tax paying, red blooded, hard working Americans. the money they have paid goes to cover the expenses necessary to become the citizen (man power doing background research, paper, filing fees, etc.)

if however, they are not granted citizenship, they are refunded 1500.00. the money that is kept, helps to offset the costs incurred from performing the necessary background checks paper filing, etc. It also helps to pay for the deportation costs that will be incurred, thus also allowing them to keep some money, and have somewhat of a life when they return to where they are from.

This is merely an idea i had been batting around with a guy from work and we were both curious as to what people thought.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
So you basically want to open up the process to anyone? It already costs pretty close to 3k to do it, it is just super restricted in who can apply.

inglatera

May 23, 2012
the figure is arbitrary, i was using an example it was easy to work with. you could make the fee 10000.00 and it would suffice.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
the figure is arbitrary, i was using an example it was easy to work with. you could make the fee 10000.00 and it would suffice.

If the fee is set to high; you will have the same situation as now.

Where is an immigrant going to get $3K per family member.
Hard enough from them to scratch up the money to get here illegally.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So, I have been thinking about a possible resolution to possibly curb illegal immigration. Offering a possible resolution to assist those who want to become US citizens.

No, it is not possible to correct it.

The U.S. has been turned into a social engineering experiment. Grant free education to the illegal children, in a few years they will be ready to enter the workforce.

Now that obama has decided not to enforce immigration laws, we are going to have millions of people that can enter the workforce.

In a few decades nobody will think of the U.S. being a sovereign nation with borders.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

The U.S. has been turned into a social engineering experiment. Grant free education to the illegal children, in a few years they will be ready to enter the workforce.

Now that obama has decided not to enforce immigration laws, we are going to have millions of people that can enter the workforce.

In a few decades nobody will think of the U.S. being a sovereign nation with borders.

Step 1: Grant free education to illegal children.
Step 2: Complain that we wasted the education unless we make them legal

Am I the only person who sees something wrong with this plan?

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

Woulda been nice to know that if I left the country, renounced my citizenship, and entered illegally California would pay for all my schooling.

It is sad when a country grants more boons for someone who came here illegally by just sneaking in than someone who worked and fought hard, and paid thier fees to bring themselves or their family over from another country looking for a better life.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Step 1: Grant free education to illegal children.
Step 2: Complain that we wasted the education unless we make them legal

Am I the only person who sees something wrong with this plan?

Its kinda like giving your freeloading neighbor a room in your house for free.

You work, pay taxes, utilities, maintenance on the house, and the neighbor gets a place to live without having to do anything. If the freeloader does work, they do not contribute anything to the house.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woulda been nice to know that if I left the country, renounced my citizenship, and entered illegally California would pay for all my schooling.

It is sad when a country grants more boons for someone who came here illegally by just sneaking in than someone who worked and fought hard, and paid thier fees to bring themselves or their family over from another country looking for a better life.

Lord knows we wouldn't want any influx of immigrants here that can already speak English!!

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
If we were to charge 3000.00 per person to apply for US citizenship.
breaks down as follows.
if the person is granted citizenship thru the legal process, it only cost them 3000.00. they are granted what they want, now become tax paying, red blooded, hard working Americans. the money they have paid goes to cover the expenses necessary to become the citizen (man power doing background research, paper, filing fees, etc.)

if however, they are not granted citizenship, they are refunded 1500.00. the money that is kept, helps to offset the costs incurred from performing the necessary background checks paper filing, etc. It also helps to pay for the deportation costs that will be incurred, thus also allowing them to keep some money, and have somewhat of a life when they return to where they are from.

This is merely an idea i had been batting around with a guy from work and we were both curious as to what people thought.

Currently it costs a lot more than 3000.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
I've always been surprised that Democrats aren't more in favor of harsher immigration rules. After all, illegal immigrants are basically providing cheap labor that deflates the value of unskilled labor jobs. This puts unions and other groups who don't generally make as much money at a disadvantage. I understand the D's are pandering to the growing hispanic base just like the R's pandered to the deep south.

I guess there is a conflict of interest just like the conflict of interest between the original Tea Party and what Mitt and co stand for.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I've always been surprised that Democrats aren't more in favor of harsher immigration rules. After all, illegal immigrants are basically providing cheap labor that deflates the value of unskilled labor jobs. This puts unions and other groups who don't generally make as much money at a disadvantage. I understand the D's are pandering to the growing hispanic base just like the R's pandered to the deep south.

I guess there is a conflict of interest just like the conflict of interest between the original Tea Party and what Mitt and co stand for.

Doesnt make sense. Why would hispanic people who came here legally want to make it easier for other hispanic people to enter illegally. :confused: :confused:

It makes more sense when you consider that I think it was 1/4-1/5 hispanics are illegal themselves. They are clearly either planning to have them vote illegally (hence the hatred of required ID), or legalizing them and then getting their vote.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
They are clearly either planning to have them vote illegally (hence the hatred of required ID), or legalizing them and then getting their vote.

That conclusion is wrong. You pander to a group by favoring their policies. The Hispanic segment wants less strict immigration laws so that they can reunite families, and because they know illegal immigrants and have sympathy for them, not to grow the hispanic voting base. You can't attribute the political party's goals to the people they are pandering to, nor can you do the reverse. This is the same misattribution you see when the R's favor pro-life, yet also favor the death penalty. This seems like a blatant moral contradiction until you realize that the pro-life stance is almost entirely due to pandering to Christians while the death penalty is more in line with the R's actual policies (fiscal conservativism and responsibility).

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This is the same misattribution you see when the R's favor pro-life, yet also favor the death penalty. This seems like a blatant moral contradiction until you realize that the pro-life stance is almost entirely due to pandering to Christians while the death penalty is more in line with the R's actual policies (fiscal conservativism and responsibility).

No that is because killing babies is wrong, but killing murders is not.

Only a liberal would consider them the same :rolleyes:

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
Most people don't think of a 2-3 week old egg as a child, regardless of political affiliation. Especially if the fertilized egg is a result of rape or incent. But if you really have issue with that example then consider R's massive defense spending vs fiscal conservativism. Or the calls for an end to corruption and more transparency yet rejecting campaign contribution transparency.The point is that both parties pander.