Illegal Immigrants go on tour

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
True, but they did not do what we did, they didn't take the land by force as their own property, the were much brighter than we'll ever be quarreling over borders.

We went, we killed, we created your nation, got defeated and now... liberty and freedom is reserved for the few, the proud, the imbeciles.

Are you that ignorant? The wars between the various tribes were often generational and genocidal and were still ongoing as the European settlers were landing and beginning to spread out.

Wow, i'm stunned by how little you don't know about the native American tribes. Try learning from something other then Sesame Street.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Are you that ignorant? The wars between the various tribes were often generational and genocidal and were still ongoing as the European settlers were landing and beginning to spread out.

Wow, i'm stunned by how little you don't know about the native American tribes. Try learning from something other then Sesame Street.

Thank you, I was going to point out pretty much the same thing. I guess the Native Americans invented bows and arrows, fighting while on horseback, scalping, .etc only after the white man showed up. Surely they never fought over land before, right?

And the history of England isn't bloodless either IIRC. Weren't the druids living peacefully worshipping trees before the Anglo-Saxons showed up, killing the vast majority of them for land?

Very much looking forward to JoS's next banning, it is only a matter of time.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
There are very few people in the US that are not immigrants, not many are natives.

WHAT does the statue of liberty say? You know, the one the French gave you after they defeated us and gave you your nation?

We created your nation, the French liberated it and now you're whining about people in it that don't belong there?

I'd say go back to where you came from but we really don't want you back.

You do realize there is a difference between legal and illegal immigration? And what is this us stuff? We you born in 1756 or something?

And last time I checked the statue of liberty has “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free” inscripted at the bottom. Not give us your illegal immigrants willing to work below the minimum wage for cash thereby supressing wages across the board. It does also not say give us your illegal immigrants to come here and receive government bailouts.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
So lawbreakers are being reward for their ILLEGAL activities and laughing all the way while tens of millions folks around the world are waiting for years to be LEGALS?

Why even bother to have immigration laws and regulations?

Only in America.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Because of the people in my link above. They vote. Politicians appt. the leaders who do the hiring, make policy. When the CIO tell the Sr. VP who tells the VP, who tells etc. down to the peon of the IVR system 'F every person who dials into our system by making them press a digit for English', because that CIO gets the message either directly or from his CEO that the Politician(s) want it so 'to be fair' or some other such shit...

...or, the CIO is one of those people in my link and does it on their own accord...

...it happens.

It's PC, and PC happens because of people in my link. Sorry...this is what we allowed for the past 40-50 years or so. You can't just undo decades of PC BS overnight (if there was even a will to undo it, which, from the people in my link, there isn't...and they control the Pol's).

Bullshit, companies put instructions in other languages to service customers whom may have another first language.

It's about money and servicing your customer. In the united states there are a lot of consumers that have a first language other than English.

As a C level executive, the way you think it works is comical.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
True, but they did not do what we did, they didn't take the land by force as their own property, the were much brighter than we'll ever be quarreling over borders.

We went, we killed, we created your nation, got defeated and now... liberty and freedom is reserved for the few, the proud, the imbeciles.

Pretty sure the Aztec, Incas took land by force. AS did many other tribes who carved out territories for their people.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Illegals are safe in this country because our executive does not believe in the sovereignty of the United States. Don't worry, neither did the last guy. This assault on our country is bipartisan. That's the sort of trash both parties agree on.

When it upsets regular folks they talk up a good fantasy and give empty promises to do something - while entirely ignoring you. A few token deportations are thrown in to make headlines.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Heh, U.S can take India as a role model regarding immigration policy, the latter already perfected the art of vote-banking and throwing welfare at Bangladeshi illegals to the point the border and nationality law might as well not exist.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The sooner you accept that illegals are wanted in this country for slave labor purposes the sooner you accept where our country is as a nation.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Bullshit, companies put instructions in other languages to service customers whom may have another first language.

Right, never said they didn't.

It's about money and servicing your customer. In the united states there are a lot of consumers that have a first language other than English.

Right, we call them Mexicans. Here in the US we speak English as the primary language. Other countries recognize that English is the dominant world language (at least, for now), and hence teach it to their kids as well.

What part of doing a hard stop in a menu system, in the US, where English is the primary language, for the user to select 1 for English or 2 for Spanish, is about money and serving your customers, and instead not about PC BS about being "fair" and insulting your English customers with having to go through a BS step because someone in your Leadership chain decided to be PC?

As a C level executive, the way you think it works is comical.

I simply doubt you are a "C level" executive. The logic used in the posts in the '17 year old thug' thread are simply...peon level employee lucky to have a job, not, 'C level executive'. Not that you couldn't be, I know plenty of 3rd/4th tier "Leadership" that are basically F'ing idiots that simple talk a good game. You have how many people under you?

Chuck

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Here in the US we speak English as the primary language.

That's a shame then for you, I hear countless languages daily. I even learn some of them from day to day use.

Why again is this bad? Science shows that people who are bilingual are more adapted.

Being part of other cultures around you is part of learning about and being in touch with the world itself.

You will not learn anything from living in a cultural doldrum. Besides, America has always been a land of many cultures hustling and bustling around making a living.

I think you need to get out more. A lot more.

You may just learn a interesting little tidbit in life. Just about all of us have the same hopes and fears and dreams. It's just you have no reference point so you rely on second hand passed down information from people with axes to grind and divisive games.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The sooner you accept that illegals are wanted in this country for slave labor purposes the sooner you accept where our country is as a nation.

So given that Obama is a big supporter of illegals you would agree that he is in favor of slave labor?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
That's a shame then for you, I hear countless languages daily. I even learn some of them from day to day use.

Why again is this bad? Science shows that people who are bilingual are more adapted.

Being part of other cultures around you is part of learning about and being in touch with the world itself.

You will not learn anything from living in a cultural doldrum. Besides, America has always been a land of many cultures hustling and bustling around making a living.

I think you need to get out more. A lot more.

You may just learn a interesting little tidbit in life. Just about all of us have the same hopes and fears and dreams. It's just you have no reference point so you rely on second hand passed down information from people with axes to grind and divisive games.

there's nothing wrong with having multiple languages. hell, that's one of thea beauties of america. but when you expect that you be serviced in your language everywhere, that is when it becomes a sore point.

immigration is about assimilation of the culture of the "host" country and adopting their culture, language, etc.

if you were to move to france you'd learn french, russian in russia, chinese in china, german in germany, italian in italy, etc. anyone who moves there permanently and expects to be serviced in their native tongue is being ridiculous.

teddy roosevelt wrote what i think is an excellent description of what it means to immigrate to the US (at the time he was speaking on immigration and communism, but it is still very much applicable to immigration in general)

In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Everything Fenixgoon just said. Everything you replied to me Steeplerot really had no bearing on the points of my post(s). I have no problem with Mexicans, none (well except the specific one that has a party every night at my aunts house, but that's one off). My problem is we shouldn't be going out of our way to F up America for the Mexicans...the Mexicans should be conforming to America, not the other way around. It's a melting pot....they're identity should melt into America, not, again, the other way around.

You have insane "logic".