Illegal Immigrants go on tour

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I'm normally not one to post in P&N but how is it a group of illegal immigrants go on tour in a bus screaming they're illegal not get busted? Is this how far America has gone that someone can be technically breaking the law and everyone shrugs and goes, "that's too political to do anything about"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...mmigrants-declare-themselves-on-bus-tour?lite

edit: Sorry if a repost as I couldn't find anything about when I searched.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Oh, absolutely. You can have a White Guilter, Bleeding Heart, DamnTheMan, Cheaper, and Greeder all in one person. Such a person, from the perspective of US interests, would basically be about as big of a POS as one could possible conjure up, but, certainly they exist. We've seen combinations of the above on this very P&N forum.

Dialed into Cook County voting line this week to check on jury duty..."Press 1 for English, ..."........why????? See link above.

nixium

Aug 25, 2008
Oh, absolutely. You can have a White Guilter, Bleeding Heart, DamnTheMan, Cheaper, and Greeder all in one person. Such a person, from the perspective of US interests, would basically be about as big of a POS as one could possible conjure up, but, certainly they exist. We've seen combinations of the above on this very P&N forum.

Dialed into Cook County voting line this week to check on jury duty..."Press 1 for English, ..."........why????? See link above.

It's absolutely, completely beyond me, on lightyears scale, why English is not the national language of this country.

Can someone explain any compelling reason?

--> Non citizen.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It's absolutely, completely beyond me, on lightyears scale, why English is not the national language of this country.

Can someone explain any compelling reason?

--> Non citizen.

A lot of it has to do with it not being a necessity yet. English is the de facto language for culture, business and government. The fact that some voting ballots go out in other languages or that you can press 2 on the telephone is a minor nuisance.

Personally, I'd like it to be official though.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Because of the people in my link above. They vote. Politicians appt. the leaders who do the hiring, make policy. When the CIO tell the Sr. VP who tells the VP, who tells etc. down to the peon of the IVR system 'F every person who dials into our system by making them press a digit for English', because that CIO gets the message either directly or from his CEO that the Politician(s) want it so 'to be fair' or some other such shit...

...or, the CIO is one of those people in my link and does it on their own accord...

...it happens.

It's PC, and PC happens because of people in my link. Sorry...this is what we allowed for the past 40-50 years or so. You can't just undo decades of PC BS overnight (if there was even a will to undo it, which, from the people in my link, there isn't...and they control the Pol's).

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I saw this article earlier..... absolutely disgusting. They go on tour essentially shouting "I am a criminal, I don't give a crap about your laws, I demand that I should be able to break the laws and skip in line in front of all the others who seek to gain citizenship the right way.". They should be arrested and deported immediately, but our country has reached such a low point that they are viewed by many idiots as some kind of heroes of some sort of civil rights movement.

The country is doomed.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I saw this article earlier..... absolutely disgusting. They go on tour essentially shouting "I am a criminal, I don't give a crap about your laws, I demand that I should be able to break the laws and skip in line in front of all the others who seek to gain citizenship the right way.". They should be arrested and deported immediately, but our country has reached such a low point that they are viewed by many idiots as some kind of heroes of some sort of civil rights movement.

The country is doomed.

They are foreign invaders... they should be shot.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You forgot Democratic politicians who will scream "Racist!!" at anyone who wants to take our border laws seriously. You probably forgot it because you're a racist! Racist!!

[note: there's some sarcasm in there somewhere]

Sadly that's pretty much the truth.

theevilsharpie

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2009
I'm normally not one to post in P&N but how is it a group of illegal immigrants go on tour in a bus screaming they're illegal not get busted? Is this how far America has gone that someone can be technically breaking the law and everyone shrugs and goes, "that's too political to do anything about"

Pretty much. There's a large (and growing) Hispanic population that fully supports amnesty-type programs, there's a large portion of the population that doesn't really care one way or the other, and the portion of the population that wants all illegal immigrants kicked out of the country immediately is too small to matter.

I have to give these folks some credit, though: their "tour" is incredibly ballsy given the consequences. I'd say grant them some temporary visas to go on their tour, give them some airtime at the Democratic convention to share their experiences with lawmakers and the public, and then send them back to wherever they came from.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
there's a large portion of the population that doesn't really care one way or the other, and the portion of the population that wants all illegal immigrants kicked out of the country immediately is too small to matter.

From what I've read, I don't get that impression at all. Most Americans don't want illegal immigration. US policy here is not a reflection of what Americans want. This is the government and powers that be ignoring the will of the people.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
This is so sad, is there any chance we can force the rich bastard taxpayers to send them enough money to repair their bus? Better yet let's make the damn evil taxpayers buy them brand new RV buses so they can travel in style!
Thanks Obama!

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
From what I've read, I don't get that impression at all. Most Americans don't want illegal immigration. US policy here is not a reflection of what Americans want. This is the government and powers that be ignoring the will of the people.

I think you're overstating "most" here. If the will of the people truly was for immigration enforcement, I'd think we'd see that reflected in elections.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I think you're overstating "most" here. If the will of the people truly was for immigration enforcement, I'd think we'd see that reflected in elections.

That is naive. Just like anything else in American politics, monied interests have more power. Here, monied interests want cheap labor. That is why we have these laws on the books but various administrations conveniently do not enforce the laws.

I don't think I'm overstating most. 78% think the federal government should do more to protect the border and a majority supported AZ's law. You might be thinking of legal migration, which people are generally supportive of. (They are also more receptive to helping young migrants.)

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Classic post that I had missed, thanks for pointing to it.

It is probably one of the most true, and non-partisan, posts I've seen on P&N (and I don't say that because I wrote it, I think massive amounts of people would agree with it; unless of course they're in one of those categories). It is by far the reason why the illegal invasion will never be stopped.

You should add this subgroup to the above mentioned classic post. Since this group is not entirely composed of the BleedingHearts/WhiteGuilters faction, it probably deserves its own mention.

Which subgroup? Politicians?

Chuck

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
You should add this subgroup to the above mentioned classic post. Since this group is not entirely composed of the BleedingHearts/WhiteGuilters faction, it probably deserves its own mention.

I don't think it's its own subgroup, it's a tool used by the various groups.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
That is naive. Just like anything else in American politics, monied interests have more power. Here, monied interests want cheap labor. That is why we have these laws on the books but various administrations conveniently do not enforce the laws.

I don't think I'm overstating most. 78% think the federal government should do more to protect the border and a majority supported AZ's law. You might be thinking of legal migration, which people are generally supportive of. (They are also more receptive to helping young migrants.)

And maybe consumers are happy with cheap(er) prices, and don't really want immigration reform either. I'm dubious of polls which suggest one thing, and then people go to the ballot box and vote an entirely different way. Regardless, the Dems are quite clear that they're in favor of lax (or no) enforcement in order to win the Hispanic vote, and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
And maybe consumers are happy with cheap(er) prices, and don't really want immigration reform either. I'm dubious of polls which suggest one thing, and then people go to the ballot box and vote an entirely different way. Regardless, the Dems are quite clear that they're in favor of lax (or no) enforcement in order to win the Hispanic vote, and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all.

Do you really think the average voter connects consumer goods to immigration policies? You don't think there are just as many voters that think about the more direct relationship between labor prices and labor supply?

You have far too much faith in the electoral process. There are only two choices and neither party does anything about illegal immigration. I'm not sure how you get from there to disbelieving opinion polls.

Jun 26, 2007

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...mmigrants-declare-themselves-on-bus-tour?lite

edit: Sorry if a repost as I couldn't find anything about when I searched.

There are very few people in the US that are not immigrants, not many are natives.

WHAT does the statue of liberty say? You know, the one the French gave you after they defeated us and gave you your nation?

We created your nation, the French liberated it and now you're whining about people in it that don't belong there?

I'd say go back to where you came from but we really don't want you back.

Jun 26, 2007
American Indians migrated to the USA,They didn't spring up here.

True, but they did not do what we did, they didn't take the land by force as their own property, the were much brighter than we'll ever be quarreling over borders.

We went, we killed, we created your nation, got defeated and now... liberty and freedom is reserved for the few, the proud, the imbeciles.