Illegal immigrant kills naturalized police officer

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I suppose I could, but I didn't. Nice try, anyway.

That's what it sounded like. Albeit indirectly. So I guess we'll blame Trump or the illegal immigrant for the death of an innocent and not ICE or SB54.

So, ICE failed to take Garcia into their custody because they didn't follow proper procedure. Good to know.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's what it sounded like. Albeit indirectly. So I guess we'll blame Trump or the illegal immigrant for the death of an innocent and not ICE or SB54.

Murderers are responsible for their own actions.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Murderers are responsible for their own actions.

True but we have laws and processes in place to help prevent people from murdering each other. If SB54 had left the ICE detainer process in place instead of forcing the judicial warrant this guy would have been picked up and deported.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
True but we have laws and processes in place to help prevent people from murdering each other. If SB54 had left the ICE detainer process in place instead of forcing the judicial warrant this guy would have been picked up and deported.

ICE was not attempting to prevent murder when attempting to take custody of the individual in question. That would require precognition.