IL Supreme Court bars use of drug dogs in traffic stops

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
I always thought that was a stupid exemption. Typical scenario:

"Sir, our drug dog has alerted on your vehicle. According to state law we now have the authority to search your vehicle even without your permission."

"But all he did was piss on my tire!"

"Well, he's a dog sir. Were you expecting him to stand up and point to the drugs?"

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
but ...but...but...if you have nothing to hide....
rolleye.gif

search tactics used by some police agencies tick me off almost as much as the illegal "seat belt" checkpoints do.

Score one for Illinois :D

CkG

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
rolleye.gif

search tactics used by some police agencies tick me off almost as much as the illegal "seat belt" checkpoints do.

CkG

Here, here! CAD's a straunch conservative; should I say Bush and/or Neo-con supporter. What ever are you doing siding with the obviously liberal decision?

Fvck personal liberty, if you're innocent you have nothing to worry about.

/sarcasm meter high... I am against seatbelt and DD checkpoints too... as I am from IN, I know very well about both.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
rolleye.gif

CkG

I agree...

My friend was pulled over and was fined for not wearing his seatbelt. In the words of the cop that pulled him over "Click it, or ticket." Sure, seat belts are a great idea, but all of us over 18 are adults and I think we can decide whether or not we want to wear one.

As for the drug searches, whatever happened to probably cause? At least there are some sensible people in Illinois.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: ELP
rolleye.gif

CkG

Here, here! CAD's a straunch conservative; should I say Bush and/or Neo-con supporter. What ever are you doing siding with the obviously liberal decision?

I am a Conservative - yes:)
I value personal freedoms - yes:)
They aren't mutually exclusive;)

CkG