Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
Citrix?

Its better than MS Terminal server....printing especially, but google it - and be honest with him that you DONT have experience with it -but show him that you DO have the capacity to learn things quickly...

Nothing worse than going and reading a lot about citrix, and spouting off a bunch of BS buzz words, getting the job, and then being like "ummm...ive never done this so i have no clue"

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
I have 2 citrix servers here that I use wth thin clients and believe me when I say you can pick it up and start using it in less than an hour

Metron

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2003
More like an Applications Server... rather than license apps for each desktop, you can cosolidate them on a Citrix server and use them as needed. Your savings come in that you only buy enough licenses to cover what you use maximum at any one time (rather than one for each desktop).

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: TriggerHappy101
Yeah thats it. Citrix. :) So basickly it is like Remote desktop. Ability to control a PC/Server remotetly?

and be honest with him that you DONT have experience with it -but show him that you DO have the capacity to learn things quickly...
Yup. I intend to. :)

Doesnt Citrix also deal with client licencing for products like MS word?

Citrix = Microsoft RDP (usually for multiple simultaneous users on one big server), with a much better management features/interface.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: TriggerHappy101
Yeah thats it. Citrix. :) So basickly it is like Remote desktop. Ability to control a PC/Server remotetly?

and be honest with him that you DONT have experience with it -but show him that you DO have the capacity to learn things quickly...
Yup. I intend to. :)

Doesnt Citrix also deal with client licencing for products like MS word?

You should also tell him you can't spell, and therefore will be unable to correspond with clients via email.

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
If Citrix is already setup properly it shouldn't be too hard to learn to do basic administration.