[IGNORE] Will the CompUSA $99 WD 120GB deal really work? [IGNORE]

LookOutBelow

Dec 7, 2001
(NOTE: Please ignore this as I am dumb enough to have not read all of the previous thread regarding this issue :eek:)

Got a question/concern about that hot deal with the Western Digital 120GB hard drive that people are PM'ing plus sending in rebate for.

Is it possible that, upon seeing the price paid for the drive ($199 as opposed to $299 if you PM at the CompUSA counter), the rebate center may refuse to give you the $100 rebate? What I'm saying is that the rebate might only be good for a $299 WD 120GB drive as opposed to a $199 one.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but the potential risk is pretty significant for me. Being "stuck" with the drive at $199 is not for me, and by the time I've waited 8-10 wks to see if I've gotten my rebate it's too late to return the drive. (Also, I wouldn't want to keep it around in shrink wrap to see if that's the case either. ;) )

I guess there's always the risk that this won't turn out, and I should be willing to take it or shut up. I was just wondering if anyone out there has had experience doing this sort of thing and can vouch for the fact that the rebate center will honor it regardless or they just don't care (i.e., they don't pay attention).

Thanks for the help/info.
- LookOut :eek:

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
This issue has been discussed in the appropriate threads. Take it there.

LookOutBelow

Dec 7, 2001
I apologize. I did not read down far enough into the original thread to see that my issue had been addressed. :eek: I've tried to redeem myself by marking my original message to be ignored.

doh! :)
LookOut (aka DumbNewbie)