If youre a psychopath, you like your coffee black

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
If your coffee needs creamer or sugar, either:

Your coffee is shit.
You don't like coffee and just want caffeine.

If you don't eat green coffee beans either:
Your coffee is shit.
You don't like coffee and just want caffeine.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Espresso, no milk, no sugar.
Mainly because I'm fundamentally lazy and can't be arsed to froth milk or find sugar and I've got used to it that way now!
That's how I take mine, 2 cups every morning.
My son was visiting and asked for sugar to put in his coffee, I was like... do I have sugar? I did find some for him, not sure I've used it since I moved two summers ago.

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Wasn't there a meme about people that like their coffee black are psychopaths and people who like a latte with a half shot of maple and soy tend to be their victims? (especially if the black coffee drinker is in line behind a bunch of people with complicated coffee orders first thing in the morning)

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
I guess my excuse for wanting to save my sugar intake for the donut (with the coffee) isn't going to work anymore.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
One can "have a heart" while becoming a "learned" psychopath. Meaning, your wiring is normal, but you've gotten enough experience to put on a poker face when needed and even fuck people over in the process. Basically, anyone who has gone through certain occupational training will be "antisocial" by education, such as lawyers, real estate agents, car salesman, etc. But put them in a controlled study environment, and they will answer in accordance with "normal people". In addition, academics live in an ivory tower where they don't know...we're ruled by "learned" psychopaths. In reality, the "face", or the prima facie appearance of the psychopath, is more appealing to outsiders than the conduct of non-psychos. The negative aspects of psychopathic behavior can only be established per quod by the victim putting everything together.

Articles like these to influence the people without reading comprehension or rudimentary training in what establishing correlation actually entails. Ultimately, all it says is that "property X" and property Y have an occurrence together that is greater than chance.

This study was done in 2016.

As an example of a learned psychopath, a person could be one who likes to follow the rules, such as always stopping at a stop sign. But over the course of the years, he/she learns that the "law" doesn't apply if no one observes it, so he begins to ignore the one stop sign in a private neighborhood when cars are not around. He still feels guilt or fear about violating the rules, but he does it anyway because no one is around.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
My true favorite is a good double cappuccino. These are exceedingly difficult to find in the US though especially post COVID.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Coffee is wonderful. I drink it because it tastes good. I don't need an excuse to fuck off at work. If I want to fuck off, I fuck off. I don't even have much opportunity to add coffee to my fuck off routine. I look at birds, trees and stuff, or poke around ruins. Caffeine? Doesn't do anything for me except give me a headache if I abstain, and I have no idea why I'd do something stupid like that.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I drink my coffee with creamer, namely Coffee Mate regular. I cant get away from it. Im also a coffee snob...
Isn't that contradictory? lol. I guess it depends on what you consider a coffee snob.
I used to take my coffee DARK (but not black) with a very small shot of whole milk to cut the acid
A small dash of salt will neutralize acidity as well, and you don't need much at all. If I'm making a press (2 cups worth), a tiny pinch will do. For a drip pot, maybe a slightly larger pinch (1/8 tsp, if that.) You'll notice by the reduction of bitterness.

I like my coffee strong enough to knock out a mule's teeth, but with a small amount of sugar, and a dollop of half&half or heavy cream. I only drink one or two cups per day. The thought of artificial or flavored creamers sickens me.

If I had to choose only one, I'd keep the cream and ditch the sugar. It's as much about the thickness and 'creaminess' of the coffee, as it is about changing the flavor. I like the flavor. I'll drink it black when it's too much hassle otherwise, like while camping.

Reactions: Captante

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I committed a sin today and had instant coffee. I will probably not have instant coffee again.
As I mentioned coffee for camping...I've experimented with a few diff kinds of instant, comparing and trying to determine the best option. I figured maybe sometime I wouldn't want to drag the press along to go camping, and wanted to be able to just toss the kettle over the firepit. Starbucks is still the best instant I've tried, but it's not cheap of course. It's a mix of freeze dried instant, and micro-ground beans (to give it the oils that instant is missing and 'richen' it.)

Most people screw up their face if you mention instant, and I do most of the time too. I've tolerated it in a pinch though and it didn't kill me dead. It definitely requires the cream and sugar though, lol.

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Starbucks Via instant is exceptional in the context of instant coffee, but it's uber expensive. I can make a pot of real coffee for the cost of a single cup of Via instant, and it'll be better. I'm not sure what the place of that stuff is in the world. Even camping, something like a small pourover would be better, and just put the grounds/filter in the fire when finished.

Reactions: Pohemi

Bobjester

Sep 22, 2023
A psychopath sounds kind of rude. But I really can’t imagine my life without Fabula coffee. My day cannot start without a cup of black with one spoon of sugar.

Last edited: