If youre a psychopath, you like your coffee black

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Or so says this study.

Psychopaths take their coffee in one certain way, study finds (msn.com)

If you like your coffee black, you may be someone who prefers strong flavours, takes good care of their health, or just wants to drink their coffee the way it’s supposed to be drunk. .

Or, you may be a psychopath.

I drink my coffee with creamer, namely Coffee Mate regular. I cant get away from it. Im also a coffee snob, preferring beans from Africa . But I cant escape the creamer. I generally order from La Colombe | Fresh Roasted Coffee, and the First-Ever Draft Latte – La Colombe Coffee Roasters

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I had a employee tell me this about 4yrs ago. She was into horror movies, serial killers, all that jazz. She told me I'm a psychopath because I drink my coffee black. The study is from 2015. I took one of those dumb tests that said I am a community psychopath. It defined it as pillar of the community type that would kill outsiders threatening their tribe without remorse. Or something like that, it's been a few years. Anyways, I have no recollection of that senator. :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I am a community psychopath

User-name checks out! ;)

79c.jpg

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Nope. Does not compute
First thing I learned on a coffee plantation tour in Costa Rica many years ago, was that the correct way to drink it was black. We were invited to the room where the testers were doing their thing. Slurping it by the spoonful then making notes.

Reactions: FirNaTine

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
no sugar, but i need milk or 5% cream except if it's a shot of espresso

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
If you like your coffee black, you may be someone who prefers strong flavours, takes good care of their health, or just wants to drink their coffee the way it’s supposed to be drunk. .

Or, you may be a psychopath.

They aren't mutually exclusive. 999/1000 I drink it black. The other times are with Irish cream.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I do like my coffee very strong, but the only reason I often have it black is because I'm too disorganised to always ensure I have (non-curdled) milk in the fridge.

Is a lack of organisational ability a sign of psychopathy?

(I'd have thought it would be the opposite, really, at least if the fictional depiction of psychopaths is to be believed)

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Mid-pandemic I was forced to switch mostly to green tea for my daily caffeine intake because the acid in coffee was trashing my stomach.

I used to take my coffee DARK (but not black) with a very small shot of whole milk to cut the acid and no sugar, but now that I drink it so rarely I tend to get "girly-drinks" like Starbucks white-chocolate Macchiato's. (still with minimal extra sugar though)

:p

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Can drink it black, otherwise it almost always a little bit of heavy cream. Also game changer if you take creatine, mix it with your coffee and you won't forget taking it.