If your were to engineer the most diabolical infectious disease, what would it be?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
A virus that's takes the alien out of us humans.

Or mabe a virus that makes us all tell the truth.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
The truly diabolical would engineer one that causes no symptoms other than an immunodeficiency after a long incubation period... then release the second part that specifically infects and kills everyone who had the previous one by exploiting the engineered immunodeficiency.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
No symptom for four months, contagious from day 1. High fever leading to organ failure.
You nailed the trifecta. Contagiousness, legality, and the incubation period.

If the Chinese keep sending these diseases out to the world, one eventually will have a combination which will allow it to reach he tipping point.
The truly diabolical would engineer one that causes no symptoms other than an immunodeficiency after a long incubation period... then release the second part that specifically infects and kills everyone who had the previous one by exploiting the engineered immunodeficiency.

Ah, the days when folks were carefree before COVID provided...real world experience....

@gill77 with some excellent foreshadowing.

And I wasn't actively participating in OT.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I would create a virus, that makes everyone just say "Bob". Over and over again. Think Billy Gates would be interested in the idea?

Bob is an awesome name, anyway :)

If Plague, Inc taught me anything, it's that your ideal plague should be contagious as hell but have little or no visible symptoms. You then wait for everyone to get infected worldwide, and THEN suddenly develop fatal symptoms. Poor humanity never gets a chance to respond.

Reactions: highland145

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
the crazy murderous ones, though--the ones that go out literally beheading Muslims because that rat-fucker Modi commands it, actually believe that cows contain the souls of some 20 million gods or some shit.

not making that up. Some people are truly fucked in the head for all sorts of reasons.

HA HA HA.

Loser.

India has never been more peaceful. Thank you, Modi.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Ah, the days when folks were carefree before COVID provided...real world experience....

@gill77 with some excellent foreshadowing.

And I wasn't actively participating in OT.
This was posted at the beginning of the pandemic, we already knew about it.

For op, fast spread, asymptomatic, sterilizes 99.9% of women. Probably already a SciFi plot somewhere. We'd create so much anarchy of our own, the disease itself wouldn't have to do much else.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
A virus that just makes you test positive for covid-19. That's it. Does nothing else.

You'll spend the rest of your life having to quarantine for 14 days any time you're required to get tested.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

For op, fast spread, asymptomatic, sterilizes 99.9% of women. Probably already a SciFi plot somewhere. We'd create so much anarchy of our own, the disease itself wouldn't have to do much else.
To
20200414-155126-B%200415%20Review%20White%20Plague%20Courtesy.jpg

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I would engineer one that was airborne and targeted the memory and ability to sleep, but only after a months long incubation.

Runner up: a virus that produces Persistant Genital Arousal Syndrome, followed by migraines.

HA HA HA.

Loser.

Indian women aren't laughing.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Some people A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE EVERYWHERE are truly fucked in the head AND SO FVCKING STUPID ITS DIFFICULT TO CONCEIVE.

Fixed. (unfortunately)

:confused_old:

HA HA HA.

Loser.

What fantasy world do you live in numb-nut? :rolleyes:

Modi is a skid-mark on India's drawers.... I'd almost prefer Trump over him.

Last edited:

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Fixed. (unfortunately)

:confused_old:

What fantasy world do you live in numb-nut? :rolleyes:

Modi is a skid-mark on India's drawers.... I'd almost prefer Trump over him.
Of course you will prefer an incompetent Trump to a competent Modi. Modi is much more preferable compared to the incompetent corrupt congress clowns.

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Of course you will prefer an incompetent Trump to a competent Modi. Modi is much more preferable compared to the incompetent corrupt congress clowns.

Mmmmmmkay...... o_O :p

I've bolded what I'm taking away from this post ... and I'm not referring to Trump -OR- Modi this time rotfl.

EDIT: As a reminder the stinking sewer-pit of P&N is right next door and I'm certain you'll find a bunch of bitter and angr ... erm... nice ... I meant NICE (!!!) fellow AT members to chat up over there.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Yeah, I already had my N95 masks over a week at that point. :) Bought them at Lowe’s the day after I saw sites in Chinese instructing Chinese abroad to buy them and ship to China. Lowe’s shelves were already bare but I found some extras hanging at an end cap.