If you wrote a book, what would it be about?

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd love to write the next great American novel, but about the Internet generation. There's never been a decently-written book that reflects interaction on the internet as it really can be, much less the cultural clashes, sinkholes, complications, and flaming arguments that are involved. Unfortunately I don't write well enough to pull that off, but I'll probably give it my best shot someday anyhow.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Nothing that would sell well. It wouldn't be a murder mystery and it probably wouldn't have much sex in it. It'd either be about computer programming, or the way I think about things... which would be even less interesting to the general public about computer programming, since I'm not a celebrity. I guess I could change my name to Lance Armstrong or Bill Gates, and then people would care what I thought.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Damn, HotChic is tearing it up tonite ;)

I could never write a book (well not currently anyway), but maybe i could do one entitled...Understanding the G33k

Hehe...

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Probably an encyclopedia of every computer game created or some ministory series about various forums and the people that post there.

JoeI

Banned
Jul 4, 2005
I would write about my life in a reflective way and analyze the psychological and sociological aspects that affected my behavior.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
I'd publish my Vietnam stories.
Suddenly!

(HC will get it.)

It'd be fun to cull through my random slips of writing and publish the few more interesting bits. I doubt it'd sell even remotely well, but there have to be a few crazy people who'd enjoy it.

Either that, or try my hand at something completely fantasy. I love books into which one can escape and it'd be fun to see what I could do with one.

ZV

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
Nothing that would sell well. It wouldn't be a murder mystery and it probably wouldn't have much sex in it. It'd either be about computer programming, or the way I think about things... which would be even less interesting to the general public about computer programming, since I'm not a celebrity. I guess I could change my name to Brian Lopes or Bill Gates, and then people would care what I thought.

FIXED ;)

L

Lola

my life is better ficton so it would be about my life. i was in teh early stages of an indy film too...

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
A book about Off topic threads with multiple posts in each thread that is dynamically updated. Oh wait......

Originally posted by: HotChic
I'd love to write the next great American novel, but about the Internet generation. There's never been a decently-written book that reflects interaction on the internet as it really can be, much less the cultural clashes, sinkholes, complications, and flaming arguments that are involved. Unfortunately I don't write well enough to pull that off, but I'll probably give it my best shot someday anyhow.
I don't know what the other one would be, but one would definitely be my autobiography. Other than my autobiography, I am likely to author more than one book and on different subjects. History and detective work would especially be of interest to me.

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
I was at one time going to write a book about my supernatural experiences, but I am not going to do that now. I think when I go back to school I will change majors too.