if you won in 2008 elections

trance247

Jan 17, 2006
No Obama, McCain or Hillary. You were elected and first 5 major issues you would focus on?

Feb 6, 2007
Passing crucial tax breaks for sitting Presidents.
Redecorating Air Force One entirely in shag.
Restore the sanctity of marriage by making divorce a capital offense.
Borrow the curtain Ashcroft used to cover The Spirit of Justice and use it to cover the Washington Monument (with the catchy slogan "The biggest boner we need to see in Washington is me!").
Get to work on hooking up with the 5 women on my sex-ception list (which I need to revise; Jessica Alba may be hot, but I don't want herpes); I figure, hell, as President, I might actually have a chance with Natalie Portman now.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Passing crucial tax breaks for sitting Presidents.
Redecorating Air Force One entirely in shag.
Restore the sanctity of marriage by making divorce a capital offense.
Borrow the curtain Ashcroft used to cover The Spirit of Justice and use it to cover the Washington Monument (with the catchy slogan "The biggest boner we need to see in Washington is me!").
Get to work on hooking up with the 5 women on my sex-ception list (which I need to revise; Jessica Alba may be hot, but I don't want herpes); I figure, hell, as President, I might actually have a chance with Natalie Portman now.

LOL :thumbsup:

Edit: Mine:

1. Border Control
2. Iraq/Afganistan (recruit some international help/ideas, maybe the Biden partition plan)
3. Alt Energy (self reliant ASAP, dump ME oil. Develop R&D in economicall ravaged areas like Detroit)
4. Revamp Dept of Homeland Security (or whatver the h3ll it's called this month - air travel arrgh!)
5. Economy & budget (free super-high bandwith access, reduce earmarks)
6. Access to medicare for all citizens (real UHC)

Fern

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Off the top of my head, in no particular order.

- States rights
- Stop the fed and the gov from tinkering with the economy.
- Veto anything with an earmark and hold a huge press conference making sure the blame falls on congress, where it belongs.
- Bitch slap any judge who forgets his/her job is to interpret laws, not write them.
- Bitch slap congress or any legislative body within reach who forgets thier job is to write laws, not interpret them.
- Bitch slap anyone who forgets its the Executive branch that enforces laws.
- Sharpen up that fuzzy line between the Army and the National guard.
- Get rid of dept of homeland defense, then repeat previous step with Navy/Coast guard.
- Phase out farm subsidies over 5-10 years, states have option of picking them up themseleves.
- Drill in ANWR, use oil to fund infrastructure change to wind/solar/nuclear/etc to support 100% electrical cars.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
1) Cut Taxes
2) Cut government
3) Take Iraq's oil
4) Imperialize other Middle East countries and take their oil
5) Ban speculative futures trading

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
1) Declare martial law.
2) Evict congress from the Capitol.
3) Burn all laws currently on the record.
4) Write new laws that make sense.
5) Have elections for a new congress, banning anyone from running who has previously held office.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
1. Declare world peace - invade Canada.
2. End World Hunger - McDonalds for everyone.
3. ???
4. Profit
5. Resign.

:)

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
1. Reduce the federal debt

owensdj

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2000
1. Put whatever it takes(wall, National Guard, etc.) on the border to stop people from coming in illegally.

2. Use tax breaks to encourage more nuclear/solar/wind power and less oil usage. Begin a transition to a hydrogen rather than oil economy.

3. National infrastructure project to rebuild the roads, bridges, and highways. Nationwide broadband to every home and business.

4. Begin replacing American army units with Iraqi army units with eventual total withdrawal. Withdraw all American forces from all foreign nations other than Afghanistan. Force Pakistan to allow the US to go into the western area to take out Al Qaeda.

5. Make corporate donations to political candidates illegal.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
1. Lock down the borders of the U.S. by any means necessary -- including construction of The Great Wall of North America, and putting A LOT of weapons on the border -- WITH permission to shoot and kill any/all armed foreigners who cross onto US soil.

2. Implement phased withdrawal of all US troops with a classified timetable spanning years. Any "leaks" of said dates would result in delays and seeing said "leakers" hung by their necks in the village square.

3. Open up digging in ANWR and implement a massive R&D budget for alternative fuels -- it would become the "Manhattan Project" of the 21st century.

4. Divert 90% of our SOF to the NW frontier in Pakistan -- together with USAF support, they would have permission to utterly destroy the Taliban and AQ found there.

5. Revise the entire tax system and campaign finance.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse74
1. Lock down the borders of the U.S. by any means necessary -- including construction of The Great Wall of North America, and putting A LOT of weapons on the border -- WITH permission to shoot and kill any/all armed foreigners who cross onto US soil.

2. Implement phased withdrawal of all US troops with a classified timetable spanning years. Any "leaks" of said dates would result in delays and seeing said "leakers" hung by their necks in the village square.

3. Open up digging in ANWR and implement a massive R&D budget for alternative fuels -- it would become the "Manhattan Project" of the 21st century.

4. Divert 90% of our SOF to the NW frontier in Pakistan -- together with USAF support, they would have permission to utterly destroy the Taliban and AQ found there.

You got my vote :)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Hell, I might even cross party lines to vote for PH with a plan like that...my only dislikes are the "Leakers hung by the neck" because I do believe in a free press, and see nothing in the leaking of that type of information that should be a capital offense...and the drilling in the AWNR. Since estimates say there's not a whole lot of easily obtained oil there to begin with, and it'll take 15 years to bring it to the pumps, it's a project that isn't worth the expenditures...yet.
Besides, the oil companies already have lots of oil available to them. SHortage isn't driving the cost, and the oil they're already taking from under American soil is still costing us over $100/bbl., so why give them access to it and let them continue to rape us?

I'd support nationalizing the US oil industry. Texachevexco has made hundreds of Billions of $$$ raping the US people. Time for the people to own the resources.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Hell, I might even cross party lines to vote for PH with a plan like that...my only dislikes are the "Leakers hung by the neck" because I do believe in a free press, and see nothing in the leaking of that type of information that should be a capital offense...
I appreciate the support! ;)

That said, the dates would be "classified," so any subsequent leaks of that information would certainly qualify as a federal offense - and quite possibly capital as well (treason comes to mind).

and the drilling in the AWNR. Since estimates say there's not a whole lot of easily obtained oil there to begin with, and it'll take 15 years to bring it to the pumps, it's a project that isn't worth the expenditures...yet.
I've read studies that indicate that unobtrusive "horizontal drilling" would be viable within five years; and that there would be enough oil there to eliminate our dependence on ME oil (not ALL foreign oil.. but getting off ME oil is the key here)

Besides, the oil companies already have lots of oil available to them. SHortage isn't driving the cost, and the oil they're already taking from under American soil is still costing us over $100/bbl., so why give them access to it and let them continue to rape us?

I'd support nationalizing the US oil industry. Texachevexco has made hundreds of Billions of $$$ raping the US people. Time for the people to own the resources.
the entire problem is our reliance on foreign oil. You're right in that there is no shortage, but it's the location of the oil that is screwing us right now. If we could get more from North American sources, the prices may decrease exponentially.

As with all things, I could be wrong... ;)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
1) Open investigation into the Affairs of the Bush Admin
2) Give assurances to Iraq that its' sovereign Borders will be protected, but that the bulk of the US Forces would begin to leave within 6-12 months
3) Begin Cost cutting measures, beginning with Haliburton and its' subsidiaries. Extending to complete reviews of NMD and other Military Projects from R&D to Purchases. If NMD is not more than half way complete, scrap it altogether or, on the off chance it actually works, freeze the program for a period of time.
4) Let Tax Cuts expire
5) Repair relations with Allies, Neutrals, and Foes.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Hell, I might even cross party lines to vote for PH with a plan like that...my only dislikes are the "Leakers hung by the neck" because I do believe in a free press, and see nothing in the leaking of that type of information that should be a capital offense...and the drilling in the AWNR. Since estimates say there's not a whole lot of easily obtained oil there to begin with, and it'll take 15 years to bring it to the pumps, it's a project that isn't worth the expenditures...yet.

I wouldnt call 6 cents/gal profit raping....

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I wouldnt call 6 cents/gal profit raping....

Do you work for the oil industry? You're always pretty quick to their defense...

Here's one for ya then...If Texachevexrco oil company drills for oil in Louisiana, Texas, Alaska, new Joisey, where ever...Why aren't they making more than 6 cents/gallon profit on that oil?

Obviously, the transportation costs are MUCH less, and the costs of getting the oil SHOULD be much less...so why is the cost (to us) of the end product so high?

If it costs them $25-$50/bbl to produce and transport the oil, why do they sell it to themselves at market prices?

You're fooling yourself if you believe they only make 6 cents per gallon. MAYBE on the sales of gasoline...but certainly not on all the products made from that barrel of oil, including diesel fuel, avation fuels, motor oil, bunker fuel, etc.

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
!!!!!! REPARATIONS FTW !!!!! LOL :p
No really,
- #1 Thing - Cut military spending by 95% and create that "Department of Peace." (Dont need more WMD for people fighting us with box cutters)
- #2 Figure out a way to END two party politics
- Figure out how to bring high-tech manufacturing jobs to America.
- Create Fair Trade with Africa
- Tell the truth about E.T.'s and UFOs.
- Promote a 'culture of education.'
- Promote environmentalism and alternative fuels REGARDLESS of whether Global Warming is man made or true, but because its simply the 'right thing to do.' and will only help in the long run. Transparent solar panels would make great WINDOWS.
-Truth and reconciliation tribunal instead of war crimes tribunal for a select few currently and formerly in office.
-Come clean about all of our dirty deeds regarding covert actions in foreign nations.
-Make tough fines for littering garbage.

Oct 30, 2004
1. End illegal immigration and deport the illegals. Also reduce legal immigration to pre-1965 levels and perhaps impose an indefinite moratorium on immigration.
2. Address the problem of global labor arbitrage by erecting tariffs and other barriers and enacting a zero dollar trade deficit policy.
3. Enact socialized medicine.
4. Use Iraqi oil to pay for the war and to provide a profit to the U.S.
5. Exterminate Al Qaeda and radical Islam.
6. Reduce troop levels and front line involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan, install puppet governments, and maintain control.
7. Develop alternative energy and nuclear power.
8. Introduce measures to begin working towards voluntary negative population growth in the U.S.

(Not necessarily in that order.)

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Do you work for the oil industry? You're always pretty quick to their defense...

Here's one for ya then...If Texachevexrco oil company drills for oil in Louisiana, Texas, Alaska, new Joisey, where ever...Why aren't they making more than 6 cents/gallon profit on that oil?

Obviously, the transportation costs are MUCH less, and the costs of getting the oil SHOULD be much less...so why is the cost (to us) of the end product so high?

If it costs them $25-$50/bbl to produce and transport the oil, why do they sell it to themselves at market prices?

You're fooling yourself if you believe they only make 6 cents per gallon. MAYBE on the sales of gasoline...but certainly not on all the products made from that barrel of oil, including diesel fuel, avation fuels, motor oil, bunker fuel, etc.
This is completely off topic, but both of you have no idea what you're talking about. Gas stations make about $0.06/gal off of their product. Oil companies do not produce their own oil. They own the drilling rights to a subsurface area and contract the drilling. How much the drilling costs depends on many, many factors, like the type of oil, the geology of the area, geographic location, and so on. If we estimate that the world uses about 100 million barrels of oil per day (reasonably close, though the exact number eludes me at the moment), then this means 36.5 billion barrels per year. Exxon-Mobil profited over $40 billion last year. If they were responsible for half of the total world's oil, then that works out to about $2/gal.

As for whining about oil company profits, buck up. No one is forcing you to buy oil products. You're only whining because you got suckered in by their excellent, though perhaps illicit, price controlling that kept the price of oil low enough that you got addicted. Now you can't think of living without it, so you're stuck sucking at the teat of your enemy with no one to blame but yourself.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: beyoku
- #1 Thing - Cut military spending by 95% and create that "Department of Peace." (Dont need more WMD for people fighting us with box cutters)
Ms. Lee, is that you?! Come here sweety... take your meds... that's a good girl... now swallow... good girl! :confused:

seriously, that may be some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard -- when I first heard Barbara Lee spout that garbage, I wanted to reach into my radio and ring her retarded neck.

- Tell the truth about E.T.'s and UFOs.
ahh, OK, the picture is getting more and more clear by the second... got tinfoil?

- Promote a 'culture of education.'
what does that mean in English? and will that "take a village"?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: CycloWizard

This is completely off topic, but both of you have no idea what you're talking about. Gas stations make about $0.06/gal off of their product. Oil companies do not produce their own oil. They own the drilling rights to a subsurface area and contract the drilling.

So you mean all those Exxon owned drilling rigs, pumping stations, and refineries don't belong to Exxon? That's odd...

I worked the Wyoming oil fields in the 80's...on Exxon oil and sour gas projects. The drill rigs were owned by Exxon, the crews were Exxon employees, the entire infrastructure was built and paid for by Exxon (using sub-contractors for much of the actual construction) the pipelines, pumping facilities, the preliminary treatment plants...all Exxon, all Exxon employees.

Yes, SOME oil companies do sub out the drilling, some sub out exploratory drilling then use their own rigs to actually drill the well, some do it all the way through the refinery process. MANY of the big oil companies have their own exploration divisions, their own drilling and production divisions, transportation divisions, and, of course, refinery divisions. IF by chance, these oil companies have divested themselves of their assorted divisions to make their bottom line look better, odds are, they still own or own a large percentage of the companies they hire.

I'm well aware that most gas stations aren't the ones raping the American people...most of them barely scrape by on the thin margin they get on gas & oil sales, which is why the old-time "service stations" have become "mini-marts" to diversify their income streams. My reference is to the oil companies...BIG OIL...they are the ones doing the rapingof the citizenry and manipulating of governments.

How much the drilling costs depends on many, many factors, like the type of oil, the geology of the area, geographic location, and so on. If we estimate that the world uses about 100 million barrels of oil per day (reasonably close, though the exact number eludes me at the moment), then this means 36.5 billion barrels per year. Exxon-Mobil profited over $40 billion last year. If they were responsible for half of the total world's oil, then that works out to about $2/gal.

Again, I worked those oil fields and watched the Exxon drill rigs drill down to over 22000 feet deep. I never claimed it was an easy or cheap endeavor. My comments were that no matter how much it costs Exxon (or any other oil company) to find, extract, transport and refine that oil, we pay the same price that we are charged for this "High Price" Middle-Eastern oil...WHY?

Why should we open up the AWNR to the oil companies so they can sell more of it to Japan, China, or India?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.c...2245699_export17m.html

As for whining about oil company profits, buck up. No one is forcing you to buy oil products. You're only whining because you got suckered in by their excellent, though perhaps illicit, price controlling that kept the price of oil low enough that you got addicted. Now you can't think of living without it, so you're stuck sucking at the teat of your enemy with no one to blame but yourself.

Nope, no one is forcing me to buy. :roll: Try living without oil...whether it be gasoline for my vehicles, diesel fuel for the trucks and trains that deliver food and other goods to every part of the country, plastics which are made from oil, or the vast number of things that contain petrocarbons...It can't be done.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Hmmm...

(1) Will this be part of a comprehensive immigration reform that also punishes companies who knowingly hire (or even recruit) undocumented workers? Can the reform also include a reform of NAFTA?

(2) Would this timetable be classified MNF-I? Which is to say, will Iraqi lawmakers or military leaders be privy to these dates?

(3) Not sure I like the former, but hell yes to the latter

(4) :thumbsup:

(5) :thumbsup: depending on how you revise them

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Hmmm...

(1) Will this be part of a comprehensive immigration reform that also punishes companies who knowingly hire (or even recruit) undocumented workers? Can the reform also include a reform of NAFTA?
YES and YES! I would also encourage even MORE penalties for convicted of knowingly hiring illegals. I'd even support shutting the companies down, or selling them off to the highest bidder! As for NAFTA, I'd want it revised, but I'm not even sure where to start...

(2) Would this timetable be classified MNF-I? Which is to say, will Iraqi lawmakers or military leaders be privy to these dates?
That's a very good question... the RELTO, and the actual process, would have to be figured out by someone much higher than myself. I can't imagine it working with very many people being in the know - even the Iraqi leadership. I think that for all intents and purposes, our progressive withdrawal should appear random to the rest of the world. Whatever "benchmarks" we establish should be entirely close-hold. Any "drop dead dates" would be the same...

To be honest, i guess I really havent flushed the idea out enough to answer that... I just know that using any sort of public timetable is f'n ridiculous and dangerous.

(3) Not sure I like the former, but hell yes to the latter
The drilling in ANWR would be optional, depending on potential yield and demand... the massive alternative fuel R&D budget would be mandatory. :)

I'm glad to see that I'm not way out in left field, alone, with most of my ideas... :D