If you were immortal......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: MetalMat
If you knew that you would never grow a day older than the age of 25; would you bother getting married, have long term job goals, invest in a 401k, etc.....

Yes, yes, yes, yes

I'd still want to be successful and happy and whatnot...

umm. Buy a $50 savings bond. TVM + immortal = $$$$

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
In fact, I'm thinking I'd try and basically become the immortal god-emperor from Warhammer 40k... given enough time, I'm sure I could at least develop the power to set things on fire with my brain.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
In fact, I'm thinking I'd try and basically become the immortal god-emperor from Warhammer 40k... given enough time, I'm sure I could at least develop the power to set things on fire with my brain.

This is why you'll die alone. Er...

Nov 7, 2000
i would certainly invest money
i think relationships are very rewarding... would be sad when they ended but definitely worth it
i would have long term goals... very long term

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ChaoZ
Originally posted by: Anubis
no i just rob a bank or something

i fucking IMMORTAL

Sucks being in jail forever.
If you're immortal, you would be around longer than the jail. You'd be around longer than the justice system which imprisoned you. In any case, I'm sure that in time you'd either be released, or else find a way to escape.

Nov 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: ChaoZ
Originally posted by: Anubis
no i just rob a bank or something

i fucking IMMORTAL

Sucks being in jail forever.
If you're immortal, you would be around longer than the jail. You'd be around longer than the justice system which imprisoned you. In any case, I'm sure that in time you'd either be released, or else find a way to escape.
you could do something heinous and get like 8 life sentences served back to back

haha jokes on them!

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Saint Michael

This is why you'll die alone. Er...

Not if I'm immortal :p

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: TehMac
I dunno but unless I got an immortal cutie wife, I'd be incredibly lonely. :(

Yeah, I would definently need an immortal woman and a few immortal friends.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Summit
would u cash out your 401k at 25 in 30 years and be penalized up the butt? makes no sense...if you were married and had kids your wife would be 50 and ur kids would be 26 you'd be 25 that be messed up.

Your body wouldn't grow older if you were immortal, but technically you WOULD be older (even though your body hasn't aged), so according to the IRS you could be 65 (or 165 for that matter) but your body would be that of a 25 year old. So you wouldn't get penalized.