If You Were A Billionaire What Would You Do With Your Money?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
A trust fund for my son who lives with Autism as his daily challenge. Money to pay off my daughter & SIL student loans. Money for my other daughter. Donation to Mass General Cancer Center Patient Care fund….lastly a modest new place to live

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
A trust fund for my son who lives with Autism as his daily challenge. Money to pay off my daughter & SIL student loans. Money for my other daughter. Donation to Mass General Cancer Center Patient Care fund….lastly a modest new place to live
You baller! ;)

Reactions: Geekbabe

Gizmo j

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2013

Here is a charity called "one laptop per child"

I would like to do something similar but for "gaming" laptops.

I would buy the cheapest gaming laptops that has both a GPU and SSD and is fully in stock, such as the one below and give them out for free

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Intel, with their xe2 tech based igpus, fast ddr5 ram, and XEss scaling tech, May we'll be on the verge of producing power:efficient gaming PCs.

What about internet?

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
They do have the opposite service, you can sign up for extra sunlight. Maybe one service could compliment the other, by stealing sunlight from one place and giving it to the other!

Buy stocks in mylar manufacturers.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
They do have the opposite service, you can sign up for extra sunlight. Maybe one service could compliment the other, by stealing sunlight from one place and giving it to the other!

Buy stocks in mylar manufacturers.
Is this satire? I can't tell what satire is anymore. Someone writes something as comedy, and they soon get outdone by reality.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Is this satire? I can't tell what satire is anymore. Someone writes something as comedy, and they soon get outdone by reality.
It's "real" but super unfeasible. EEVblog made a video on it.

Long story short the idea of taking light from a relatively small area in space and then spreading it over a larger area on Earth means the wattage of energy is just spread out so thin that it's basically pointless. The cost and energy involved in actually executing this is also ridiculous when you'd get more energy by just adding a couple extra solar panels on the ground or adding a storage battery.

Reactions: lxskllr