If you were 100% sure your girl / boyfriend would never know it, would you cheat on her / him ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

resinboy

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
I have been married for 9 years( 15 years together). Started having problems 2 years ago. I was asked to move out, so she could" have some time to herself, and start to put our relationship back together". I have been living in a 15x30 apartment in the rear of my shop for the last 14 months, while my wife has had my house, my dog, and my neighbors. I have tried many times to hook up, and try to have some fun, but was always getting blown off. She was always too busy, seeing her family, etc. 2 weeks ago, I tell her we need to talk, and that I wanted to come up to the house and talk. She called me back, and said she wanted to meet in a "neutral location". I said" WTF!!!!". Went to the house, and was told she doesn't love me any more, hasn't loved me for the past 2 years, and is flying out to see her new boyfriend for 4 days, and wants a divorce, but we should use a mediator, to not get lawyers involved :).
When I used to play out in bands, and had lots of girlfriends, I 'm sure I was a jerk, and wasn't honest with some of them. HOWEVER, as I grew older, I realised I would NEVER want that done to me, so when I got married, I had my wife make a pact with me, so that if either of us felt we had to go outside the relationship for love/sex, we would be man/woman enough to tell the other party it was over. Guess my wife forgot that part. Found out she has been fooling aroung behind my back for about the last year or so. I am now in the middle of negotioting with her lawyer, as she feels I am not entitled to 1/2 the house. Apparently my wife felt she was 100% sure I wouldn't find out. ( just how many small UPS boxes does it take to mail a 5'4" female to the 4 corners of the US?????)

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
No, and here's the reasoning.
I'm stupid, and would probably let something slip. If she never figures out, this means I either turned non-stupid, or are unable to let it slip. The only way that's gonna happen is if I die, or have my tongue cut out, something quite distasteful.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
A space ship landed in my backyard once, and the most beautiful girl got out. She wanted to have passionate sex for 2 hours (while wife was away) and then she would get back into her space ship and be gone for ever. Hmmm.... What did I do? Probably why there is life on Mars now! Little Martians that look like me! :)

AngelOfDeath

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000
Unless you're a cold bastard - which I'm not, it's a positive NO!. It's against my nature to do that, and to be honest is it the most pathetic thing to do against someone you love or perhaps loved. Show as much respect as you would like other to show to you and things can't go that wrong.

AoD ;)

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
I currently have no girlfriend nor wife but if I did and even since I don't I wouldn't. It is against clear biblical teaching to do anything outside or before marriage.

That's my understanding with the light I have been given.

BeHeMOTH

Nov 9, 1999
resinboy I feel your pain I was in a situation almost like you. The best thing to do is to fight her for everything. Don't budge she wants you to just give up and die, so go for 3/4 of the house, and as for you UPS joke, I think you could fit her in about 48 of them Lol :)

Good luck

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
No, the guilt would eat me alive. I feel for you resinboy. I hope it all works out to your benefit, as much as possible. Get yourself a good lawyer if you don't already have one.

Spindler

Oct 3, 2000
lately, i've been cheating.

i've been using my left hand instead of my right one. i hope my right hand doesnt find out. :eek:;)