If you use FreedomPop have you lost your texts and ability to call using your assigned number?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I'm just curious as to how many other peeps have this issue with the service. Mine went down on Tuesday and I've not been able to send or receive calls or texts on my assigned number. I can use 3rd party apps that consume data but not the service I paid for. Filing a tech support case gets everyone the same generic "we're working on it" response but no resolution. Their messaging app can never connect to the sever.

On a side note is anyone on Mint Mobile and how do you like it? I'm considering switching ASAP to their unlimited service.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
On a side note is anyone on Mint Mobile and how do you like it? I'm considering switching ASAP to their unlimited service.
Mint Mobile is NOT unlimited. No matter what they claim in their ad materials. Use too many voice minutes during a month, they will suddenly cut off your voice services. And unlike the data allocation, there is NO WARNING. They won't tell you how many minutes is too much, either. They just say, "refer to our ToS".

If you're a "heavy voice user", Mint Mobile is NOT for you.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Mint Mobile is NOT unlimited. No matter what they claim in their ad materials. Use too many voice minutes during a month, they will suddenly cut off your voice services. And unlike the data allocation, there is NO WARNING. They won't tell you how many minutes is too much, either. They just say, "refer to our ToS".

If you're a "heavy voice user", Mint Mobile is NOT for you.
So the reason nobody in horror movies ever has a signal is because they are Mint Mobile users who have already talked too much in a month? :p

Seriously, that's not good if they don't even state a specific amount that would trigger total blockage.