If you tailgate on the interstate, I hope you D I A F

Taggart

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
If you don't signal when changing lanes, I hope you DIAF. If you cross the white lines when merging into traffic, I hope you DIAF. If you do any of these things, you are worthless and deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. And that....was the rest of the story! Good day!

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
also add,
fling trash out your window
weave in and out of lanes
pass around people on a 2 lane road while they are waiting to turn

Taggart

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: jaedaliu
I tailgate in bumper to bumper traffic =

do i DIAF? (what's DIAF)

Well, if it's bumper-to-bumper and the 'accordian' effect has commenced, with the speed not topping 20 mph, that is ok I guess.

Ophir

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2001
Puss.

I bet you're a self-righteous Canadian, live in Nowheresville, and drive around like grandma getting offended at every maneuver you wish you had the balls and skill to do.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If you drive in the left lane during non-rush hour traffic and don't pass the people to the right, thereby creating a "roadblock" for anyone who wishes to pass you, then you deserve to get tailgated.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
how about people who go 55mph (in a 65mph zone) in the fast lane? Can I tailgate them if there's no room to pass on the right?

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
I have some more additions:

Pass me on the right when I'm already doing 10mph over.

Pass me on the right when we're going to stop at the light in 1/4 mile anyway.

Taggart

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Ophir
Puss.

I bet you're a self-righteous Canadian, live in Nowheresville, and drive around like grandma getting offended at every maneuver you wish you had the balls and skill to do.

I live in Atlanta. Some of the worst drivers in the country are here. Public roads aren't meant for maneuvers 'you wish you had the balls and skill to do.' You sound like a real menace on the road and should have your license taken away. :disgust:

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
add

"if you drive a high end car and feel everyone else is less and thus gives you the right to go around at 100mph"

Umberger

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2005
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
If you drive in the left lane during non-rush hour traffic and don't pass the people to the right, thereby creating a "roadblock" for anyone who wishes to pass you, then you deserve to get crucified, burned, and shot.

fixed.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DEMO24
add

"if you drive a high end car and feel everyone else is less and thus gives you the right to go around at 100mph"

Everyone should have the right to go 100mph!

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
its people that tailgate on a 35 mph 4 lane parkway that piss me off the most.

especially when there is the whole left lane they can utilize and get to that red light 2 secs faster than me.

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: scorpmatt
also add,
fling trash out your window
weave in and out of lanes
pass around people on a 2 lane road while they are waiting to turn

Oh were to start. One guy on Saturday almost did. Tailgated me and I watched out my mirror as he lost control and first went into the median on the left of the road and then wen't 90 degrees into traffic, which happened to be a truck.

As for: pass around people on a 2 lane road while they are waiting to turn, in the states I've lived in, it's the law to do this.

Most of the problem is that people think they can drive in the fast lane as long as they are going over the speed limit.

I'm sure all of this has been covered before though!

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Taggart
If you don't signal when changing lanes, I hope you DIAF. If you cross the white lines when merging into traffic, I hope you DIAF. If you do any of these things, you are worthless and deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. And that....was the rest of the story! Good day!

i honestly do all of these things that you have stated

Ophir

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Taggart
Originally posted by: Ophir
Puss.

I live in Atlanta. Some of the worst drivers in the country are here. Public roads aren't meant for maneuvers 'you wish you had the balls and skill to do.' You sound like a real menace on the road and should have your license taken away. :disgust:
To be honest, it was mostly said tounge-in-cheek. I, like you, wish ill on tailgaters, especially when they're in an SUV riding the tail of my Audi. They gotta know they have no chance of stopping before I do.

I've lived in West LA which has worse traffic than Atlanta, and I regularly did most of the things you mentioned. Honestly, though, I wouldn't do it if most everyone wasn't asleep at the wheel and allowing 20ft between cars. I figure, if it's there, take it. Signalling only increases the chance of some clown speeding up to prevent my lane change.

Now, I live in San Luis Obispo, which is Nowheresville, and haven't done any of the above (for lack of a reason to) in months.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If you complain about tailgaters on the interstate, GET THE FSCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE.

"Slower Traffic Keep Right" -- It's the LAW.

Sex Smurf

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2004
exactally how i felt yesterday while driving home.

3 lanes were merging into 2. There were no cars around me so i figured I'll stay in the slow lane and just merge into lane #2. I'm going the same speed as everyone and in lane #2, stupid jerkoff Jaguar comes speeding up to me trying to cut me off and send me off the cliff. THEN he has the nerve to ride his horn at me. He speeds by in lane #1 and we end up getting off at the same offramp and drive the same direction home - so I know he lives around me somewhere. . . .

Yeah if YOU are reading this, I know where you live! haha

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Sex Smurf
exactally how i felt yesterday while driving home.

3 lanes were merging into 2. There were no cars around me so i figured I'll stay in the slow lane and just merge into lane #2. I'm going the same speed as everyone and in lane #2, stupid jerkoff Jaguar comes speeding up to me trying to cut me off and send me off the cliff. THEN he has the nerve to ride his horn at me. He speeds by in lane #1 and we end up getting off at the same offramp and drive the same direction home - so I know he lives around me somewhere. . . .

Yeah if YOU are reading this, I know where you live! haha
Was the Jag already established in "lane #2," the lane you were trying to merge into? If so, then you were the one in the wrong.