If you signed up at a personal site, would you want you pic plastered all over the web?

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
I know that most people won't sign up at a personal/dating site, but let's just say you did. Would you want your pic to be plastered all over the web? A lot of websites nowadays have a "Personal of the Day" kind of advertising on them, like at Fark.com and Theonion.com. There are many more which have that.

Basically they are ads for Match.com, where they select a featured member, and that's person's pic is advertised in those "Personal of the Day" things. If I were to actually sign up at a personal site, I would want my pic to just be confined at that website, not be all over the web.

Maharaja

Apr 25, 2000
I dunno, I don't think I'd mind. You went to the personals site to meet people after all. This is just some good exposure.

Btw, the current Personal of the Day I'm looking at now on The Onion, "Brooklinegirl", is quite cute.

jonmullen

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Maharaja
I dunno, I don't think I'd mind. You went to the personals site to meet people after all. This is just some good exposure.

Btw, the current Personal of the Day I'm looking at now on The Onion, "Brooklinegirl", is quite cute.

Thats kinda my thought.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: jonmullen
Originally posted by: Maharaja

Thats kinda my thought.

Hey! That's my town! :D

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
It depends on what you wanted when you signed up... though I'm sure you have to check a box or something to say "Yes, I want my picture to be used off of this site."

Maybe not, but that seems like they would have to do something like that...

ProUser

Apr 6, 2000
Most of them have a "Do you want to be a candidate for Featured Single' or something like that. If you don't select that, you won't be plastered all over the place.

Then again, out of the millions of people registered on those dating sites.. the odds of your picture getting plastered is *very* unlikely

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: ProUser
Most of them have a "Do you want to be a candidate for Featured Single' or something like that. If you don't select that, you won't be plastered all over the place.

Then again, out of the millions of people registered on those dating sites.. the odds of your picture getting plastered is *very* unlikely

I bet the odds increase proportionally with your attractiveness. I doubt those pictures are truly random.