If you like futuristic molded pcb designs into futuristic casings : Tactotek

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Unless I'm misunderstanding their process, it seems limited what you can do because they depend on a very flexible, minimal metal design that isn't going to be effective at heatsinking, all those components that we take for granted that don't need a heatsink because there is ample PCB copper to do it.

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
Unless I'm misunderstanding their process, it seems limited what you can do because they depend on a very flexible, minimal metal design that isn't going to be effective at heatsinking, all those components that we take for granted that don't need a heatsink because there is ample PCB copper to do it.

The technique is more suited for making interactive casings or surfaces. I highly likely suspect that the name tactotek is derived form the word tactile. That kind of can be a confirmation that it is mainly about integrated touch features and interactive surfaces. Sort of like heaving the famous apple ipod clickwheel but with leds as well in the inside of your car door to control the window or use someting like that in the console to control the temperature, ventialtor or airco, to name something. And since it is molded as one part, it can be a lot more durable.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Flight-o-the-Navigator.jpg