If you had the chance to push a button...

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
thread hijack complete

im thinking a slowwwwwww transfer somehow. very slow, slow enough to make it less than 3gb/day

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
I don't care what it is in that 10%. 90% chance of death would be the deal breaker.

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
If you got lucky.. what in the world would beauty pageant contestants ever wish for ?

iamtrout

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
thread hijack complete

im thinking a slowwwwwww transfer somehow. very slow, slow enough to make it less than 3gb/day

My upload's like 20K/s.

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
Hell yes I would take that chance, and I'm not the least bit suicidal. World peace means much more than one life ever will.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
:surprise; I wasn't expecting to be the first "Yes," but I should have realized "Get someone else to do it" would appeal to all of the smarta$$es here :)

Edit: nice to see someone else stepping up to the (electrified?) plate.

walla

Jun 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ajpa123
If you got lucky.. what in the world would beauty pageant contestants ever wish for ?

In a world of peace, there are no contests. Everyone would be equally as beautiful in everyone elses eyes, anyway.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I wouldn't push the button because world peace is a farce. It is simply unatainable when one considers human nature. The only way there could ever be peace would be if certain populations were completely eradicated. Which populations would depend upon your perstpective. Genghis Kahn had the right idea of completely destroying and killing his enemy but there are too many socially liberal people in the world for that to ever be an option in modern times so a certain level of world chaos is assured into perpetuity.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I wouldn't push the button because world peace is a farce. It is simply unatainable when one considers human nature. The only way there could ever be peace would be if certain populations were completely eradicated. Which populations would depend upon your perstpective. Genghis Kahn had the right idea of completely destroying and killing his enemy but there are too many socially liberal people in the world for that to ever be an option in modern times so a certain level of world chaos is assured into perpetuity.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Just because there's peace, doesn't mean there's plenty or prosperity, or happiness. When the grass has dried up and blown away, and bleached bones litter the landscape, and you just served your weaker children who didn't make it, to the stronger ones who might last a little longer, without telling them what it was, and that little Johny went to live on the farm, because in desperate times you have to make desperate choices, and the sentence goes on and on and on, then everyone will be too tired and hungry to fight. Then there will be peace.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
no way, are you crazy?

if it was

10% chance i would live and 90% to launch nuclear weapons at all of our enemies, then yes, i would push it

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: PingSpike
What good is world peace if I'm to dead to enjoy it?

Umm...if you are the lucky 10% to get world peace, you'd still be alive....

It's if you dont get world peace, you will die AND there still won't be world peace.