If you can answer this riddle, apparently you're a psychopath

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
OK, saw this on Yahoo.

Apparently, according to Psychology Today, 1% of people are psychopaths, but not all of these 1%,
become mass murderers. So don't worry, but do you want to find out if you're a psychopath?

Here's a riddle that says if you solve this, you're a psychopath.

Riddle:
While at her own mother’s funeral, a woman meets a guy she doesn’t know. She thinks this guy is amazing — her dream man — and is pretty sure he could be the love of her life.

However, she never asked for his name or number and afterwards could not find anyone who knows who he was.

A few days later the girl kills her own sister.

Why did she kill her sister?

Give up?

The girl kills her sister in the hopes that the guy will come to the funeral and she can see him again.

Here's the original article:
https://www.yahoo.com/style/m/2b17a4df-7a65-3c8e-bbc0-55670e454792/ss_if-you-can-answer-this.html

So, how many psychopaths do we have here in OT?

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
I know this one because the women kill her own sister hoping that her dream boyfriend will come to her funeral. Why is this hard?

Reactions: Crono

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
I Haven't spoken to a woman in years, cus apparently people are spreading rumors I have aids and im a terrible human being.

Sux. Im sexier than most and dont have aids but homophobic comment excised deez bitches is hatin. They're more interested i making my life into a fvcking game than being anything wortha damn. Sad really .... i need the sex but these bitches wont love me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2005
I Haven't spoken to a woman in years, cus apparently people are spreading rumors I have aids and im a terrible human being.

Sux. Im sexier than most and dont have aids but homophobic remark excised deez bitches is hatin. They're more interested i making my life into a fvcking game than being anything wortha damn. Sad really .... i need the sex but these bitches wont love me.
If you're not trolling, please seek professional help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I thought about time travel somehow being involved. I guess that means I'm a geek who watches too much sci-fi. :confused:

Reactions: Crono

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I thought about time travel somehow being involved. I guess that means I'm a geek who watches too much sci-fi. :confused:

Well yeah it does get a bit "involved" when you start banging your mom/grandmom/etc when they are really hot.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Only sphinxes and psychopaths come up with riddles

1438406-riddler3.jpg

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
I know this one because the women kill her own sister hoping that her dream boyfriend will come to her funeral. Why is this hard?
I'm pretty smart. And I'm pretty good at riddles and puzzles. (Especially logical puzzles, not puzzles regarding words). If I don't know the answer quickly, and the puzzle doesn't seem interesting, I sometimes just look at the solution. And often I think "oh, if I had taken a bit more time, I would have found the answer. no big deal".

This puzzle however, I am pretty sure I would never have found the answer. Ever. Even if I had tried to find the solution for a week. My mind would not have looked in the right direction. When I read the first post, I thought it was bullshit (like many posts here). But I was wrong. I think this puzzle certainly says something about the personality of a person.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Well I am way too analytical to be a psychopath. Since no one knew the man, including the sister, killing the sister would not have yielded the man coming to the her funeral, thus I never would have guessed the answer.

Nov 20, 2009
While I didn't solve the riddle--half asleep, impatient, etc.--and thus read the spoiler I would say that was being pretty pragmatic of a solution, no? Buhahahahahahahah

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I knew the answer to this riddle without being a psychopath because I had heard it before.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Here's a riddle that says if you solve this, you're a psychopath.

Riddle:
While at her own mother’s funeral, a woman meets a guy she doesn’t know. She thinks this guy is amazing — her dream man — and is pretty sure he could be the love of her life.

However, she never asked for his name or number and afterwards could not find anyone who knows who he was.

A few days later the girl kills her own sister.

Why did she kill her sister?

Maybe she killed her sister because her sister was a bitch. As (badly) written it's possible the guy has nothing to do with it.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
because a psychopath would see a murder only as something which creates a physical effect - kill sister, people come around. the psycho wouldn't attach emotions to the murder.
me, not-a-psycho, thought "because her sister was the man, in disguise", thinking that only a sister could know her well enough to pretend to be the perfect man. emotions and emotive thoughts.
if you are a psycho, killing someone is just like putting on the kettle, just an action.
So, how many psychopaths do we have here in OT?
you should know that it's zero. you are either a sociopath, or a psychopath - you cannot be both.
(extrapolate)

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
you should know that it's zero. you are either a sociopath, or a psychopath - you cannot be both.
(extrapolate)

What if one of the voices in my head is a sociopath and another is a psychopath and another is a wife-swapping barber in Des Moines? Wouldn't I be able to be both a sociopath and a psychopath depending on which voice was in charge at any given moment?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Well I am way too analytical to be a psychopath. Since no one knew the man, including the sister, killing the sister would not have yielded the man coming to the her funeral, thus I never would have guessed the answer.
Yeah I mean probably 75% of the people at my dad's wake and funeral I did not know. I wouldn't expect any of them to just show up to another family member's funeral. My mind definitely didn't think that and even after reading the solution, it still doesn't make sense really.