if you are an illegal immigrant in the US, but discovered due to racial profiling...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 10, 2007
And to the trolling OP... read the law. It is designed to prevent exactly what you are suggesting. Police in AZ can not just go up to someone and demand papers.

how was i trolling?
with the fucked up state that this nation is in, i wouldn't be surprised if illegals would claim racial profiling and somehow be able to sue and be awarded legal citizenship.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Everyone should be accorded basic human rights. However, if you're an illegal alien (fuck this "undocumented immigrant guest worker" shit) you need to GTFO.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
All that has to be done to obliterate the racial profiling argument is to make sure that the law is applied to everyone, white, black, brown, yellow, purple, whatever. I have no problem showing my ID to a cop if it helps reduce illegal immigration.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
The whole issue with the AZ law is that Mexican Americans can be jailed for not having proof of citizenship.

The police are not on the lookout for non-citizens. They are not out prowling for illegals either. If the police have a reasonable suspicion that someone is in the country illegally they can ask for proof. The law prevents the police from just walking up to someone on the street and demanding papers.

It is a LEGAL requirement for resident aliens to carry their green card with them at all times. Once you become a naturalized citizen, you will have a SSN, drivers license, or many other means to prove your identity.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Once you become a naturalized citizen, you will have a SSN, drivers license, or many other means to prove your identity.
This is not true at all. I was a legal resident in 1980 and had an SSN. Did not become a US citizen until circa 1996.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
The police are not on the lookout for non-citizens. They are not out prowling for illegals either. If the police have a reasonable suspicion that someone is in the country illegally they can ask for proof. The law prevents the police from just walking up to someone on the street and demanding papers.

It is a LEGAL requirement for resident aliens to carry their green card with them at all times. Once you become a naturalized citizen, you will have a SSN, drivers license, or many other means to prove your identity.

With some visas you can get a SSN prior to citizenship :)