if you are an illegal immigrant in the US, but discovered due to racial profiling...

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
you are afforded no rights under the UNITED STATES constitution if you are not a citizen of the UNITED STATES.

And stop trolling.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
what rights do you have?

re: AZ illegal immigration law

The AZ law (contrary to what the "progressive" might have you believe) specifically says that police cannot engage in racial profiling.

The question of someones legal status can only be initiated after lawful contact has been made via another circumstance such as a traffic stop or participation in a crime.

There will be no racial profiling except in the minds of those who are guilty or like to play race politics.

This law is nothing more than running you for warrants when you are pulled over.

Key West

Banned
Jan 20, 2010
No right. You should be deported.

<- legal immigrant who recently became naturalized.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
you are afforded no rights under the UNITED STATES constitution if you are not a citizen of the UNITED STATES.

And stop trolling.

Um. That's actually quite false. Especially with the way you worded it. Any non-citizen who is legally here is afforded full rights by the Constitution. And while an illegal resident is afforded some rights, it is less than a full citizen or legal resident would get, I'm just not sure what exactly.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006

And stop trolling.

^^ This. If they are here illegally then they have no rights.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
The whole issue with the AZ law is that Mexican Americans can be jailed for not having proof of citizenship.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Um. That's actually quite false. Especially with the way you worded it. Any non-citizen who is legally here is afforded full rights by the Constitution. And while an illegal resident is afforded some rights, it is less than a full citizen or legal resident would get, I'm just not sure what exactly.

OK great. Show me exactly where the constitution affords illegal immigrants rights and I will admit that I was wrong.

Legal immigrants are guests and of course are given some rights. As far as I'm concerned...if you are here illegally, you are a felon and a fugitive and should be treated as a such.

Proprioceptive

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2006
The whole issue with the AZ law is that Mexican Americans can be jailed for not having proof of citizenship.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're a citizen, you have a SSN, right? So can't the officer just look up your SSN and BAM, the proof! I know that's what they do here if you don't have your license on hand and they pulled you over for speeding.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Wow, it's like OT is the Gulf of Mexico and the drilling rig that is P&N exploded and is leaking 50,000 gallons into us every day. :(

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're a citizen, you have a SSN, right? So can't the officer just look up your SSN and BAM, the proof! I know that's what they do here if you don't have your license on hand and they pulled you over for speeding.

SSN number is not supposed to be used as a government ID number. Or is that a myth?

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
If you are an illegal alien, then you deserve no rights in our country. Enter our country legally if you want rights.

Proprioceptive

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2006
SSN number is not supposed to be used as a government ID number. Or is that a myth?

I know you can't use it on your driver's license here in Missouri anymore if that counts for anything... but then again, now that I think about it, there's no photo ID with your SSN....

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
OK great. Show me exactly where the constitution affords illegal immigrants rights and I will admit that I was wrong.

Legal immigrants are guests and of course are given some rights. As far as I'm concerned...if you are here illegally, you are a felon and a fugitive and should be treated as a such.

I'm a legal resident and I'm not an immigrant. Where do I stand?