If Trump runs in 2024 (pole)

How will he approach Covid?

• He will claim ownership of the vaccine and tout its efficacy

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • He will say as little as possible about the vaccine and his role in its creation

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • He will cast the vaccine as backed by dubious science and subject it to scrutiny

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
If the pandemic is still an issue in summer of 2024, we have far more things to be concerned about that a whiny loser. And sadly from the humanity point of view, the death count is going to be insane if we continue this for another 2 years. The plus side, MAGAtards are going to be cancelling themselves out to basically assure easy D victory

Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
pole
giphy.gif

Not only does he want credit he says people on the right not wanting to take vaccine is Biden's fault.
Trump: China, Russia, Iran No Longer Respect US Because of Biden (dailysignal.com)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
pole

Not only does he want credit he says people on the right not wanting to take vaccine is Biden's fault.
Trump: China, Russia, Iran No Longer Respect US Because of Biden (dailysignal.com)
one thing that's always puzzled me with conservative grievances is the idea that "no one respects us" and all the other countries are "laughing at us"

htf did they arrive at that opinion? on what basis is that idea formed? i'm not even saying it has to make sense, but surely there's gotta be something behind it.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
one thing that's always puzzled me with conservative grievances is the idea that "no one respects us" and all the other countries are "laughing at us"

htf did they arrive at that opinion? on what basis is that idea formed? i'm not even saying it has to make sense, but surely there's gotta be something behind it.
Projection. They have to be the victim. Always.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

They watched Trump the Traitor address the UN? Or anytime he spoke in public and tried to sound like he knew what he was talking about?

Laughter was a common response when watching Trump attempt to read, be funny, or act like a tough guy.

Part of it too is the GQP is referring to fascist leaders who chide the US for being too concerned with rules, for not being able to get stuff down like dictators do. Fascist shitheads like Trump take that personally, makes them long for a country where they can reach their full Banana Republic potential, respond to protests with gunfire, cancel elections, that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

You are kidding me. Oh boy. I can’t imagine. I don’t think anybody knows. Probably the last thing we will ever want to know. :)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Or worse, if Trump WON in 2024. :eek:

And that's always a possibility...The Dems (so far) don't seem to have a viable candidate, should Joe decide to not to run again.(and I hope he doesn't) Kamala sure doesn't have a chance...The only way she'll ever be president is if Biden croaks during his term.
Fckn Democratic party needs to abandon the green hair liberal side of the party if they want to ever have a chance of being relevant. Far too many people in the USA are more centrist to slightly conservative to ever support the far left.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
And that's always a possibility...The Dems (so far) don't seem to have a viable candidate, should Joe decide to not to run again.(and I hope he doesn't) Kamala sure doesn't have a chance...The only way she'll ever be president is if Biden croaks during his term.
Fckn Democratic party needs to abandon the green hair liberal side of the party if they want to ever have a chance of being relevant. Far too many people in the USA are more centrist to slightly conservative to ever support the far left.
Considering more people support the policies of the "far left" they should be running exactly those candidates. They would do better to increase their messaging and hit back, but when the people theyre running against use platforms of "radical, extremist left" and people slurp it down without any critical pushback, theres no way to win that battle if youre depending on nuanced policy discussion. The way to convince a dumbed down electorate isnt through boring policy discussions...hit the right back with the same bullshit they peddle. One-liners and soundbites that reveal them for the christian fascists they are.

Democrats would have a romp in 22 if they focused on that. As long as people only vote based on the price of gas though, our democracy is a shambles.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Considering more people support the policies of the "far left" they should be running exactly those candidates. They would do better to increase their messaging and hit back, but when the people theyre running against use platforms of "radical, extremist left" and people slurp it down without any critical pushback, theres no way to win that battle if youre depending on nuanced policy discussion. The way to convince a dumbed down electorate isnt through boring policy discussions...hit the right back with the same bullshit they peddle. One-liners and soundbites that reveal them for the christian fascists they are.

Democrats would have a romp in 22 if they focused on that. As long as people only vote based on the price of gas though, our democracy is a shambles.
The price of gas is right where the oil companies want it to be because they and their conservative buddies have blocked alternative energy since Carter was President and before. Don't tell anybody.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
The Democrats actually do have a chance of winning 2024, if Trump was to be the Republican Presidential nominee. The reason is simple, there are deffinetly going to be those that voted for Trump in 2020, but will not vote at all in 2024, after what happened on Jan 6th. Doesn't matter what that percentage of them will not vote in 2024, because Biden's vote share will most likely only drop by at max of around 50K in most large population states. Thus there is a chance that the margin would be the same in some states. Second of all, 3rd party voter base has been growing since the past 5 Presidential elections.

Lastly, there is a high chance that Trump would not pick a women for VP, after all Trump is a male chauvinist supporter, and does not want to loose their votes. This means that the Democrats would probably have their women voter base if they were to be going against Trump.

These things only hold possible if and only if the Democrats were to face Trump. Put any one else, and then it could possibly be a different story. I also forgot to add that if Trump becomes the Republican nominee, then DeSantis will not be the VP pick.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'd imagine that Trump would continue to take credit for the "Big, Beautiful" COVID vaccines ending the lockdowns and restrictions.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Trump apparently is the dictatorial ruler that a whole lot of folks in the U.S. want in power.

And his appeal has ensnared an increase in Black voters and Hispanic voters who are identifying with or fearing the GOP's dislike of People of Color.

Reactions: Leeea

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
If he runs in 2024, I'm going to vomit. I'll have to skip watching the news till the election is over.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
If Trump runs in 2024 he will do what he has always done, say anything to anyone that he thinks will get him what he wants.
The right answer to that poll is 'all of the above, and more'. He will do each of those things to different groups because he feels no need to be consistent.

Gardener

Nov 22, 1999
The mistake the dems have been making, ever since Reagan, was to move to the right and go "republican lite".

Those bastardized, hybrid candidates...the Clintons, the 3rd way, the DLC...destroyed the party. They gave up on trade, on labor, on the environment, and coddled the religious right.

So when anyone bitches about "green hair liberals" as the problem, go take a look in the mirror.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
He’ll say he was responsible for all the great parts of the vaccine. And that Gates and Soros are responsible for all the bad parts. Then he’ll hawk some snake oil sold by his gremlin friends, and then he’ll hawk some of his merch and do the YMCA dance as he shits his Depends.