If the war is fraud...based on lies, and if Kerry is elected...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
If you are willing to look at turning back the clock, then how far back should you go.
Blame/punish Bush, absolve Saddam of all wrongs, give back Kuwait to Iraq, restore the Taliban to power.
How much of the damage to Iraq came from it's own population.

You may be a US Citizen, therefore Bush answers to you. By inference, you are to blame.

What I am trying to do, from a unique point of view, is solicit opinions on an important topic.

I supported the war...I supported the removing saddam and his sons.

I still support the president.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
If you are willing to look at turning back the clock, then how far back should you go.
Blame/punish Bush, absolve Saddam of all wrongs, give back Kuwait to Iraq, restore the Taliban to power.

You may be a US Citizen, therefore Bush answers to you. By inference, you are to blame.

What I am trying to do, from a unique point of view, is solicit opinions on an important topic.

That point of View is a programmed point of view, hardly a unique one at all.

What would cause you not to support the president?

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: smashp

That point of View is a programmed point of view, hardly a unique one at all.

What would cause you not to support the president?

If he became a democrat ;)

Seriously though, I am mostly happy with what is going on in this country and the job he is done.

I guess the big thing I want addressed is all the jobs being sent overseas.

I could still change my mind, but its something Congress needs to address, not just the President.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
well we agree on the outsourcing Job problem.

Lets leave this thread at that. :cool:

BugsBunny1078

Banned
Jan 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BugsBunny1078
No president can be tried for any offical acts while president.That is our law.
Anyhow Bush has opened a can of worms and now Kerry will have to see it thru to the end. Saddamn will be tried by some world court if Kerry is elected.If he is not convicted he will be free to return to Iraq I am sure unless the people there ban him from that.
If they hold elections he will not win and he has too many enemies to stay there while not in power. I doubt he will want to go back.

Sure they can...its called impeachment

Maybe the World Court will let Saddam go on legal technicality..."illegal search and siezure"??

There are many mass graves that have proven what happens to the many enemies of Saddam
How are you going to impeach Bush after Kerry is elected already hmmm?

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
No president can be tried for any offical acts while president.That is our law.
Anyhow Bush has opened a can of worms and now Kerry will have to see it thru to the end. Saddamn will be tried by some world court if Kerry is elected.If he is not convicted he will be free to return to Iraq I am sure unless the people there ban him from that.
If they hold elections he will not win and he has too many enemies to stay there while not in power. I doubt he will want to go back.

Sure they can...its called impeachment

Maybe the World Court will let Saddam go on legal technicality..."illegal search and siezure"??

There are many mass graves that have proven what happens to the many enemies of Saddam
How are you going to impeach Bush after Kerry is elected already hmmm?

They could impeach him now right?

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Go-

you have an interesting argument. Technically it's missing a few facts I believe. There were a number of UN resolutions that formed the legal basis for the war, they are not all based on WMD.

So I don't think there is a legal necessity to return Saddam to power.