If someone gave you $100,000 for the express...

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
purpose of buying a car, what would you get?

<---------------- Infiniti G35 Coupe

EDIT: Can't even spell Infiniti

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
That's a waste of a 100,000 dollars. There are much better cars. I'd get a brand new M5.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Infinity G35 Coupe is what, $40k fully optioned? For $100k I'd be in an M5 or something like that.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
I take "expressly for a car" to mean that anything you don't spend on a car, you don't get to keep. Therefore, spend as much as you can in a car and be happy.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum
I would buy a used late-90's Accord, then invest the rest.
Yeah but you were given the money to buy a car. I would assume the money left over would be returned to the person who generously gave it to you in the first place. If that were the case it would really suck to be stuck with a used Honda when you could have gotten yourself something much nicer at no expence to yourself.

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
I'd go lookin' for a '64 corvette roadster convertible or a new one would be nice too:)

<*corvette fanatic here*>

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Yeah but you were given the money to buy a car. I would assume the money left over would be returned to the person who generously gave it to you in the first place. If that were the case it would really suck to be stuck with a used Honda when you could have gotten yourself something much nicer at no expence to yourself.

True. If I were given the $100,000 to spend solely on car and expenses, I'd probably get a new Accord with full options, then get a good car security package - what is it called, where it has the automatic fuel cutoff or something like that? Makes it virtually impossible to steal the car without towing it.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003

Exactly. I would have picked something more expensive than the Infinity, but I would most definitly kill myself in it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

True. If I were given the $100,000 to spend solely on car and expenses, I'd probably get a new Accord with full options, then get a good car security package - what is it called, where it has the automatic fuel cutoff or something like that? Makes it virtually impossible to steal the car without towing it.

rolleye.gif

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
then am i limited to buying just one car? i could always buy a fleet of accords u know...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Does it have to be just one car? For that price, I could pick up a nicely optioned Infiniti M45, Infinti G35 Coupe, and a Nissan Titan :p