If Ron Paul isn't Electable, Just Who the Hell is?

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
I'm personally sick and tired of Paul being called unelectable when the other candidates have soooo much baggage that go completely against what a platform of limited government is supposed to be about, such as supporting the bailout, supporting Obamacare-like health mandates, raising the debt ceiling, and supporting Bush's Medicare Drug entitlement. Strictly looking at the records, Santorum is better than Newt Romney but still has some serious blemishes and the man is such a theocrat that no way could he ever be accepted by a majority of the American people.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article9233-if-ron-paul-isnt-electable-just-who-the-hell-is.html
FTA:
"Ron Paul is unelectable". You hear it all the time from the mainstream media and "conservative" commentators. Ron Paul says the war on drugs is unconstitutional and a failure just like the prohibition of alcohol? Unelectable! Ron Paul says that the Federal Reserve, the Communist Manifesto's central bank of the 5th plank, is a failure and should be abolished? Unelectable!
But somehow the media, the pundits, and the blowhard commentators are very reluctant to call any other Republican 'unelectable', even if the truth is staring them right in the face. If they were to expose the other candidates' hypocrisy by comparing them to the Republican Party platform that supposedly espouses Constitutionally limited government, low taxes, and low spending, it might go a little something like this:
Mitt Romney said, 'We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them; I won't chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety.' Mitt Romney described his political views as 'progressive'. When asked if his MA health care mandate, which made up nearly 1/3 of of the state's $1.3 billion deficit in 2009, would be a 'good model for the nation', Mitt Romney replied "well I think so", and White House records show that Romney's health care advisers went on to help craft Obamacare. ...Mitt Romney is unelectable.
Newt Gingrich said the book that best defined him was Alvin Toffler's The Third Wave, which described our constitutional system as one that “served us so well for so long, and that now must, in its turn, die and be replaced.” Newt Gingrich repeatedly praised liberal champion Franklin Roosevelt as "the greatest democratic president of the 20th century and in my judgment the greatest president of the 20th century." Newt Gingrich said he would "reluctantly and sadly" support the $700 billion Wall Street bailout bill of 2008. ...Perhaps Newt Gingrich should be considered unelectable.
Rick Santorum voted to increase the size, scope, and cost of the Department of Education by supporting the No Child Left Behind Act. Rick Santorum voted to support the Bush Medicare D drug expansion program, and I'll remind you that former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker referred to it as "the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s." During the 2008 GOP presidential nominee process, Rick Santorum stated 'If you're a conservative there really is only one place to go.. Mitt Romney'. ...Rick Santorum is unelectable.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Santorum also has a long history of supporting gun control.

Hopefully, the lack of ethics of these assholes will be enough for the only ethical candidate to be elected.

BTW, excellent first post:)

Jan 25, 2011
None of them seem electable. This is really looking like a throw away election year for the presidency by the GOP. I'm curious to see what field emerges for 2016 though on both sides. Thinking THAT will be an interesting election season to watch.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
the Establishment is afraid of Dr. Ron Paul, a true American Patriot that does not bow down to the puppet masters.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You want the short answer?

None of them are electable, but they're the best the GOP has to offer.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Well, a non-racist would be electable. That's a start.

ROFL was waiting for the RabidFailgoose to chime in. By your rational we wouldn't have been stuck with Obama who is infinitely more racist than Dr. Paul. I know I am preaching to the choir however.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
None of the GOP is electable. Romney's the only one who looks remotely presidential, but he'll lose.

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
Well, a non-racist would be electable. That's a start.

The racism charge is a load of bullshit. Walter Williams, the man who Paul had named as a potential running mate in '08, is black:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZd56bWSfY
Paul's Press Secretary is black:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fSVVi068S34#!
the president of the NAACP is Paul's district has known him for many years and says Paul is no racist:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011308_not_racist.htm

Numerous blacks have worked in Paul's congressional office over the years, Paul has spoken out against racism for a very long time, and Paul has praised MLK as a hero. If you really want to dig into the weeds of this racism nonsense, there's a 23 document available on this website that thoroughly debunks it:
http://regulatetheregulators.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-defense-of-ron-paul-newsletters-faq.html

Paul takes responsibility for failing to notice that racist comments were included in a newsletter that went out under his name, but he certainly didn't write them. Both the style and the content are NOTHING like anything Paul has said or written about before.

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
Santorum also has a long history of supporting gun control.

Hopefully, the lack of ethics of these assholes will be enough for the only ethical candidate to be elected.

BTW, excellent first post:)

Thanks, I used to post on Atech years ago but my login info was purged and I stopped visiting.

Also, I just found out Santorum voted in favor of Greenspan's confirmation as Fed chairman:
Santorum’s voting record, Not so good

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Ron Paul is electable for Grand Wizard of the KKK, but not President of the United States of America.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
None of the GOP is electable. Romney's the only one who looks remotely presidential, but he'll lose.

I saw a quote from a former Clinton adviser about that- he said that getting Repubs to vote for Romney was like trying to give your dog a pill- he just keeps spitting it back up...

20 years ago, Repubs set out to radicalize their base, and it worked- entirely too well. It's the law of unintended consequences writ large. Now that the fringe is the base, the contradiction between winning the nomination and winning the election is becoming insurmountable.

Aug 14, 2001
The racism charge is a load of bullshit. Walter Williams, the man who Paul had named as a potential running mate in '08, is black:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZd56bWSfY
Paul's Press Secretary is black:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fSVVi068S34#!
the president of the NAACP is Paul's district has known him for many years and says Paul is no racist:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011308_not_racist.htm

Numerous blacks have worked in Paul's congressional office over the years, Paul has spoken out against racism for a very long time, and Paul has praised MLK as a hero. If you really want to dig into the weeds of this racism nonsense, there's a 23 document available on this website that thoroughly debunks it:
http://regulatetheregulators.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-defense-of-ron-paul-newsletters-faq.html

Paul takes responsibility for failing to notice that racist comments were included in a newsletter that went out under his name, but he certainly didn't write them. Both the style and the content are NOTHING like anything Paul has said or written about before.

If you release a racist newsletters for years, then you're a racist. I think that's pretty simple. If you espouse racist ideas, then you're a racist.

Aug 14, 2001
ROFL was waiting for the RabidFailgoose to chime in. By your rational we wouldn't have been stuck with Obama who is infinitely more racist than Dr. Paul. I know I am preaching to the choir however.

Did Obama release a racist newsletter for years? I haven't heard of the Obama Newsletter that includes all sorts of insane racist comments over years and years. But let me know if Obama did release a racist newsletter for 10+ years.

Also, Obama is obviously electable since he's the president. Racists like Ron Paul are not electable and it's pretty obvious from the polling. I know that you probably reject polling since Ron Paul and his fans believe in fairy tale economics and reject real world data, so I expect you to be confused and angered with reference to actual numbers.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2001
Ron Paul is electable for Grand Wizard of the KKK, but not President of the United States of America.

That's about all that the crazy old racist troll of a man is qualified for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is appointed the Grand Wizard of the KKK or whatever once he's finally done with congress.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
That's about all that the crazy old racist troll of a man is qualified for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is appointed the Grand Wizard of the KKK or whatever once he's finally done with congress.

Quoting yourself? Really?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Did Obama release a racist newsletter for years? I haven't heard of the Obama Newsletter that includes all sorts of insane racist comments over years and years. But let me know if Obama did release a racist newsletter for 10+ years.

Also, Obama is obviously electable since he's the president. Racists like Ron Paul are not electable and it's pretty obvious from the polling. I know that you probably reject polling since Ron Paul and his fans believe in fairy tale economics and reject real world data, so I expect you to be confused and angered with reference to actual numbers.

You don't remember the whole deal with Obama having to distance himself from some radical racist preacher?

Aug 14, 2001
You don't remember the whole deal with Obama having to distance himself from some radical racist preacher?

That says nothing about Obama writing or releasing a racist newsletter under his name for years and years.

Sorry, but if you release a racist newsletter for years, then you're not electable in the US. That might get you far in some European countries, but it makes you incapable of being elected for national office in the US.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I remember the accusations- Obama still won, and he'll very likely win again.

Not that I take much joy in that, given that he's proven to be Republican-lite...

Righties' hatred of him is truly irrational, but that's what happens with a radicalized & propagandized base- they forget how to be rational.

If Repubs weren't the party of the rich, & if he had a different base, Romney might even have a chance, but that'd be somewhere in an alternate universe...

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001

This dude's obsessed. The racist parts of the newsletters went out without Paul's knowledge and he took responsibility for them when they were unearthed, but Obama went into his church knowing FULL WELL the kinds of things that were being said but continued to attend Wright's church anyway, and credit Wright with the the title of his book, but didn't cut ties until after Wright was exposed. But still, I don't consider Obama a racist.

So this rabidly obsessed guy posting here either needs to move on and talk about something more constructive or just STFU.

Aug 14, 2001
This dude's obsessed. The racist parts of the newsletters went out without Paul's knowledge and he took responsibility for them when they were unearthed, but Obama went into his church knowing FULL WELL the kinds of things that were being said but continued to attend Wright's church anyway, and credit Wright with the the title of his book, but didn't cut ties until after Wright was exposed. But still, I don't consider Obama a racist.

So this rabidly obsessed guy posting here either needs to move on and talk about something more constructive or just STFU.

Ron Paul defended his racist newsletters, he said they needed to be read in context, too. I don't know of any context where his racist statements would be appropriate outside of "Everything that follows is incorrect: insert Ron Paul's racist rants here."

And that's why Ron Paul is not electable. At minimum, someone with very strong ties to years and years and years of racist newsletters and defense of those newsletters is not going to be electable.

Plus, another reason why Ron Paul is not electable is that people aren't going to want to surrender their civil rights and liberties. Ron Paul wants to subjugate people to the states, make them supreme over individuals in almost all aspects. Obviously most people aren't going to want to vote for someone who says that they don't really have any 1st Amendment rights or any other right that they currently enjoy from the Bill of Rights.

Thus, people aren't going to vote for Ron Paul because he thinks that people are basically animals that state governments can do whatever they want with them and he's a massive racist.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I remember the accusations- Obama still won, and he'll very likely win again.

Not that I take much joy in that, given that he's proven to be Republican-lite...

Righties' hatred of him is truly irrational,
but that's what happens with a radicalized & propagandized base- they forget how to be rational.

If Repubs weren't the party of the rich, & if he had a different base, Romney might even have a chance, but that'd be somewhere in an alternate universe...

Yeah, it really is baffling. Obama pretty much continued or intensified all of GWB's policies and programs, and killed Osama bin-Laden... How GWB supporters can't get behind him is beyond me.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ron Paul is the only real candidate. The rest are corporate stooges. The corporate owned and controlled news channels are told exactly what words to use repeatedly so that the stupid American public will start mimicking until they believe it's true. In this case, the anchors were told to repeatedly use the phrase 'not electable' with Ron Paul.

The Daily Show has done an excellent job of pointing this behavior out for years. Clips of the Daily Show will show different news channels with different anchors all saying the same catch-phrases in about the same time period. It's all planned and orchestrated to continue to manipulate the masses that live their lives by the TV.