If Cheney were to die who would Bush replace him with?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
You think it would be McCain, Hatch or some other Republican Senator or do you think he'd pick someone from his Cabinet like Colin Powell? With Cheney having a heart that resembles a strip of fried Bacon his demise is a distinct possibility

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
What an odd topic. What would happen if Cheney were to die never crossed my mind, but what would happen if Bush dies haunts me nightly (since Cheney would be our President).

I think he would pick a rising star in the party. Maybe Dick Santorum (;)) or Tom Delay or Bill Frist.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
You think it would be McCain, Hatch or some other Republican Senator or do you think he'd pick someone from his Cabinet like Colin Powell? With Cheney having a heart that resembles a strip of fried Bacon his demise is a distinct possibility

Why the concern with Cheney's health? I don't understand everyone's obsession with it. He is the VP, he seems to be performing his duties just fine. There are tons of people with heart disease out there.. If it were an issue, he wouldn't be VP.. if he dies, Bush appoints another one. If Bush dies, Cheney appoints another one.. who cares..

But, to answer your question.. I'd hope it'd be Newt... or perhaps Justice Scalia... those would be my choices..

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Originally posted by: HelloDeli
James Carville

You're talking about one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive there buddy...

LOL he looks like a feraken deamon! unbeliveable.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Crimson
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Why the concern with Cheney's health? I don't understand everyone's obsession with it. He is the VP, he seems to be performing his duties just fine. There are tons of people with heart disease out there.. If it were an issue, he wouldn't be VP.. if he dies, Bush appoints another one. If Bush dies, Cheney appoints another one.. who cares..

But, to answer your question.. I'd hope it'd be Newt... or perhaps Justice Scalia... those would be my choices..
Didn't Newt just rip this Administration a new one over Iraq?

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
James Carville

All politics aside, the most scary man ive ever seen...

*shudders*

Today on Crossfire, with Carville absent, they showed a picture of Carville next to Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Same pose, same expression. It was hilarious.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
James Carville

All politics aside, the most scary man ive ever seen...

*shudders*

Today on Crossfire, with Carville absent, they showed a picture of Carville next to Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Same pose, same expression. It was hilarious.
LOL:)

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
What an odd topic. What would happen if Cheney were to die never crossed my mind, but what would happen if Bush dies haunts me nightly (since Cheney would be our President).

I think he would pick a rising star in the party. Maybe Dick Santorum (;)) or Tom Delay or Bill Frist.

Speaking of Santorum, does everyone here know what it means? If not, I suggest you google it, 4th search result.

Funny, no?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

Speaking of Santorum, does everyone here know what it means? If not, I suggest you google it, 4th search result.

Funny, no?

No.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

Funny, no?
No.
Lighten up, Franc... err ... nevermind. I think we had this conversation before.

;)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
What's the CEO of Bechtel up to these days? He busy?
I thought VP automatically went to the current head of Halliburton. Wasn't that part of the contract?