If abortion is legal why can the government regulate what we do with our cocks?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...g-cant-be-a-felony-because-abortion-is-legal/
Cockfighting is a barbaric activity where roosters specifically bred for aggression are placed in a ring and often forced to fight to the death. In many cases, the birds are loaded up with steroids, and sharp knives or other weapons are strapped to their legs in order to make them more deadly to their opponent. And yet, this brutal bloodsport cannot be a felony, according to one Utah lawmaker, because abortion:

“In a state where we can still allow people to kill their babies, we want to make it a felony to let chickens fight for the purpose of which they were raised,” said Sen. Allen Christensen, R-North Ogden.

Christensen said cockfighting is not “beautiful” or “wonderful.” But the birds “naturally want to do this thing in their lives and we’re going to send their owners to prison for this, yet we allow people to go ahead and murder their unborn babies.”

Despite Christensen’s odd objection, the bill was preliminarily approved by a 17-11 vote. It will receive a final vote in the state senate later this week.

He makes a good point.

My cock my choice! :sneaky:

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
What a dumbass and he doesn't have a point at all.

Unborn baby.. Really guess what that would be for chickens, and there is nothing illegal about eating eggs (as far as I know).

Do we strap claws on babies and some how make them go at it? Bet if we did that would be a felony.

Damn retards. If you want something to be legal how about giving a reasonable explanation on why it should be. Instead of some asinine comparison. Just another politicians that has shit spewing from his mouth.

Then again maybe this guy does have a point. If cockfighting becomes legal, we can take all these politicians strap claws on them and make them fight to the death.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
What a dumbass and he doesn't have a point at all.

Unborn baby.. Really guess what that would be for chickens, and there is nothing illegal about eating eggs (as far as I know).

Do we strap claws on babies and some how make them go at it? Bet if we did that would be a felony.

Damn retards. If you want something to be legal how about giving a reasonable explanation on why it should be. Instead of some asinine comparison. Just another politicians that has shit spewing from his mouth.

Then again maybe this guy does have a point. If cockfighting becomes legal, we can take all these politicians strap claws on them and make them fight to the death.

A fetus is not a person and so is not protected by the law.

A chicken is not a person so why should it be protected by the law?

Why do you want to control what people do with their cocks?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
A fetus is not a person and so is not protected by the law.

A chicken is not a person so why should it be protected by the law?

Why do you want to control what people do with their cocks?

Yup. :thumbsup:

Don't even bother arguing with this. Just gaze in fascination.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How is this different from Boxing and Football, and Hockey? All are violent sports where players are trained to injure each other in order to win.

Cant say I have ever seen a cockfight.

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
If killing something that might be a person if fine, why is it wrong to kill something that is undeniably not a person? :confused:

His cock his choice! :cool:

Subjective Morality

Big corporations raise chickens in deplorable conditions while feeding them high doses of antibiotics and later slaughtered for our consumption

Not much worse than cockfighting really, except one is done for entertainment.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
BOOM!

This kinda stuff is my bread and butter.
My turn:
Why is it OK to use a poisonous and addictive plant like tobacco, yet not a safe and non-addictive plant like cannabis?

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Subjective Morality

Big corporations raise chickens in deplorable conditions while feeding them high doses of antibiotics and later slaughtered for our consumption

Not much worse than cockfighting really, except one is done for entertainment.

Ya, and cockfights are done for money. :D

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Why can government tell me how much noise I can make? Why can government tell me how tall I can build my house? Etc.