IE7 Beta v. FireFox Beta

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
FF beta is horrible. There, I said it. I went back to 1.0.5 after 5 min.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
just tabs and security fixes aren't going to do it... I'll say that much. I can't live without mouse gestures and extensions. IE is still behind... I hope they surprise me.

bragac200

Jul 30, 2004
I think it's important to note that IE is still the only browser that is guaranteed to render a page correctly, since so many pages are made for/only tested in IE.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Honestly, other than tabbed browsing, what does FF have over IE???? I always use FF...but sitll I admit it's just because of tabbed browsing...it doesn't offer any other feature that's not on IE in some form

pinkpalace

Sep 19, 2005
Who apprietiates Microsoft? It looks to me like IE7 is a lame attempt by M$ to catch back up. with no real inovation.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: pinkpalace
Who apprietiates Microsoft? It looks to me like IE7 is a lame attempt by M$ to catch back up. with no real inovation.

Quality first post. :roll:

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
does anyone actually get faster load times with FF??? They seem absolutely no different to me, and i've compared the two on at least 5 different computers....and IE has popup blocking....the only difference to me is that the quick reply box doesn't come up at the bottom of threads with IE, and does with FF

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
does anyone actually get faster load times with FF??? They seem absolutely no different to me, and i've compared the two on at least 5 different computers....and IE has popup blocking....the only difference to me is that the quick reply box doesn't come up at the bottom of threads with IE, and does with FF

IE has quick reply.

Refer to this thread.

it's an icon, not a text button at the bottom. It looks like a U-Turn turned on its side. Hover over it and the tooltip says "Quick Reply".

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Oh, and that's a terrible article. The author's obvious pro-FireFox bias overshadows any constructive criticism he has for IE.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ronin
A better pop-up blocker, faster loading, smaller footprint overall, more customization, and the list goes on.

FF > IE, no matter what version it is.

I am testing the I.E. Beta and this is my conclusion so far also. It needs ALOT of tweaking.

Ausm

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Accipiter22

Mine is faster. Have you tried this? It made a difference for me. YMMV

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Ronin
A better pop-up blocker, faster loading, smaller footprint overall, more customization, and the list goes on.
FF > IE, no matter what version it is.
:thumbsup: