Idiot House Republicans voting to defund ACORN, that's right ACORN

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
This is a another good example of why we don't take you guys seriously. You are consistently unable or unwilling to challenge your opponents' positions honestly and accurately. You invariably resort to lame caricatures so you can "win" your arguments. All that does is highlight your ignorance and fundamentally weak beliefs.

No one is suggesting it is acceptable, let alone "good", to commit voter registration fraud. That's a complete straw man, pulled straight out of your rectum because you lack any valid counterarguments. The issue is whether the ACORN organization itself was involved, whether it condoned this fraud. According to the various Attorneys General who investigated, the answer is no. That's not how you've been brainwashed, however, so you ignore that inconvenient fact and continue to bleat about "ACORN did this" and "ACORN did that" when it it was actually independent, unauthorized actions by bad employees.

That's why Ivwshane's post was so spot on. You don't condemn McDonald's because some miniscule percentage of its employees have committed crimes. You don't condemn the GOP because some of its members committed crimes. You don't even condemn Breitbart when its owner committed blatant fraud in attacking ACORN. Yet you rush to condemn ACORN for the acts of a very small number of its employees. Further, you willfully ignore all of the facts I cited earlier in order to support your hypocrisy (for example, that ACORN was a victim of those employees' fraud, paying them for work they lied about doing).

In short, your beliefs are about 180 degrees out of sync with reality. You eagerly embrace that which is untrue and reject that which is true. Even when people hand you real facts on a platter, you run away and willfully choose to remain disinformed. To do otherwise would require using your intellect and abandoning some little sliver of your faith. The truth is out there, but you have to be open to learning it.

Look asshat, all I did was correct Homer when he said Acorn did no wrong. You go on and on about all this other crap you think I meant and all these other people/organizations I have to condemn first, but you are simply talking out your ass.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Look asshat, all I did was correct Homer when he said Acorn did no wrong. You go on and on about all this other crap you think I meant and all these other people/organizations I have to condemn first, but you are simply talking out your ass.

So did these other groups do wrong or not? If you aren't some partisan hack you should at least be consistent.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You've said far more than that, but no matter. I'll accept your decidedly not gracious concession that your attacks on ACORN, the organization, were unfounded. It's not really your fault. You are the victim of an incredibly effective and pervasive propaganda machine.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
You've said far more than that, but no matter. I'll accept your decidedly not gracious concession that your attacks on ACORN, the organization, were unfounded. It's not really your fault. You are the victim of an incredibly effective and pervasive propaganda machine.

Go home fool.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
This is factually false. The Senate passed a budget fairly recently. When the Democrats attempted to create a conference committee to reconcile the House and Senate budgets, Republicans filibustered it.
It took like 5 years for the Dem Senate to pass a budget and now you on their dicks as budget passing mofos?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
lol @ "productive legislation". More like "codified stupidity".

I am extremely curious as to what you consider productive.... perhaps it's 37 votes so far to repeal a piece of legislation that won't happen until at least 2014... if your side is extremely lucky...

That's not a lie, it's a correct factual statement.

To this piece of shit statement I can only say that you're either

• a congenital idiot
  • a liar

I'll give you some credit and just say "stop lying asshole".

Last edited: