iDeer Blu-ray Player Software, any one heard of it?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I'm in dire need of a Blu-ray player software for Windows 7. I have being looking around for the past week and everything is over priced. I would like to spend no more than $50 for the software. Upon my search I found this Player called "iDeer" http://www.ideerapp.com/ which is the first Authorized Blu-ray playing software for Mac. However they also sell a Windows version of the software, which is exactly what I need. I just downloaded the Trail version and it works fine other than the watermark in the middle of the screen since it is only trial version. The best thing about it is that they are offering a "Lifetime" Upgrade for a Limited time for only $49.95, which is a great advantage compared to the DVD Pro or other software which you have to periodically buy an update for.

Bottom line is that I'm tempted to buy as I really need some type of blu ray playign software,but wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts before hand?

The Only CON I noticed is that when you play a Movie there is these 2 annoying black bars on top and bottom of the screen which make the picture seem smaller, I forgot what is called.

Thanks

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
Here's a cheaper alternative for $9.99 if you're willing to put up with rebates (one of them is a competitor's rebate, but if you don't have it you could buy an old ass version of the eligible software on ebay or somewhere on the cheap and use that):
Nero 12 Platinum:
http://www.frys.com/product/7283963?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
The website says it's on backorder (already got mine), so you could check to see if it's expected before the rebate ends, otherwise you'll have to go to a FRY's retail store and buy it.

Power DVD 12 Ultra was recently $20 after rebate on Newegg but they ran out of stock. You could consider waiting until the end of the year to see if anyone will be doing another rebate for the above 2 softwares or possibly another one. Or maybe you could email iDeer and offer around $30 and see if they're willing to haggle.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Here's a cheaper alternative for $9.99 if you're willing to put up with rebates (one of them is a competitor's rebate, but if you don't have it you could buy an old ass version of the eligible software on ebay or somewhere on the cheap and use that):
Nero 12 Platinum:
http://www.frys.com/product/7283963?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
The website says it's on backorder (already got mine), so you could check to see if it's expected before the rebate ends, otherwise you'll have to go to a FRY's retail store and buy it.

Power DVD 12 Ultra was recently $20 after rebate on Newegg but they ran out of stock. You could consider waiting until the end of the year to see if anyone will be doing another rebate for the above 2 softwares or possibly another one. Or maybe you could email iDeer and offer around $30 and see if they're willing to haggle.

Ah, good stuff, lots of substance here lol. Well, I have consider Power DVD 12 and Win DVD Pro 11 because honestly they are very good players from what I could tell from the trial version. However my major and only concern is that I have heard say that all this type of Blu ray playing software require annual updates in order to keep the Formats updated and that once the version I buy is outdated I'm no longer able to play newer "BD" then I will be forced to spend yet again, say another $60 to get the new version which will allow me to play the new format, and so on.

Personally I would love to get Power DVD 12 or DVD Pro 11 over the iDeer software, simply because the name is known as being reliable, but again the concern with the annual updates scares me away from finally investing on one of these products.

Is my assumption correct?

EDIT: I forgot to add, that the option you mention is very attractive. I'm reviewing the Rebate Information right now.

Last edited: