Ideas to unbrainwash suicide bombing kids

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
I am working with an NGO that works across the world aiding poor, illiterate people.

They come across this a lot.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/sharmeen_obaid_chinoy_inside_a_school_for_suicide_bombers.html

I am requesting ideas that can avert this behavior.

Serious ideas please.

I know you're not going to like it, because it's not a "serious idea." But it is serious, because it is the current US and Western strategy:

A Hellfire missile "averts this behavior."

routan

Sep 12, 2010
I know you're not going to like it, because it's not a "serious idea." But it is serious, because it is the current US and Western strategy:

A Hellfire missile "averts this behavior."

Only breeds aberrant behavior. Is being tried and definitely failing.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
That's a great topic, how to help reform those who want to commit this violence.

But we also need reform for Americans who are for military bombing excessively.

Ironically, note the first response in this thread that proves my point so well.

And it's the latter that causes a hundred - a thousand - times more civilians killed.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Obviously there are numerous aspects to curing this problem as indicated by the speech.

One is to eliminate the poverty that created access to such children. Another is to cause information to become so widespread that nobody can be sheltered from it. A third way would be to target the teachers and the schools. This would require that such schools be illegal. Fourthly, more can be done by Western countries to help the folk of Islam. We could, for example, work to overthrow repressive Islamic governments. We are on the side of oil and stability rather than democracy and life.

Islam itself also has an answer to this. All the work the Taliban have to do to pervert these children is because in real Islam suicide is profoundly proscribed. You go to hell for killing yourself. A focus on spreading that message night and day in places where these schools recruit might help.

But to every complex problem there is always the imediate simpleton answer, 'kill them all'. As morons, I am sure it will be what we try to do.

routan

Sep 12, 2010
hi.
before this thread gets off-track, I am seeking workable ideas given the limited resources NGOs generally have.
thank you.

Jiggz

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2001
I sincerely do not believe this can be undone without going against one's religion, which by the way is not an easy thing to accomplish.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Islam is the cause of suicide bombings. We don't see it being done by other religions. The best way to get rid of Islam is to contain the Muslim world. If they don't want to play nice with others, they get to stay in their backwards hellholes. And make sure they can't emigrate wherever they want without abandoning their primitive ways. The wrong way to do is is by continuing to attack Muslims in Muslim countries. Muslim countries need to reform from the inside. Right now we're just allowing Israel and the US to be scapegoats for their backwards. Leave them alone and let them flop around and they will give up their barbaric ways.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Ideas to unbrainwash suicide bombing kids
I'm sorry, but you think you can stop someone who wants to die, from achieving the goal? Preventive measures are likely the best, you get to them before they are trained.

Aside from the obvious solution of giving them the death they want, you'd have to start with something basic. Break them and then give them something to hold on to. Give them something to value, something worth living for.

First you have to separate them from their previous identity and values. It's a whole lot of mind games and things that are well beyond the expertise of anyone here. You would need a psychiatrist that specializes in brainwashing. Hopefully we're talking about the victim being safely tucked away in a padded cell, or there really is no chance.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
hi.
before this thread gets off-track, I am seeking workable ideas given the limited resources NGOs generally have.
thank you.

I would ask folk who practice real Islam to print up a list of everything in the Koran the taliban distort that can be affirmed by reading the Koran in the local language and see if the info can be circulated.

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
I would ask folk who practice real Islam to print up a list of everything in the Koran the taliban distort that can be affirmed by reading the Koran in the local language and see if the info can be circulated.

What if the Taliban are the world's most accurate interpreters of the Koran? Have you read the book?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Ban quran and teaching of it? We did this with Mein Kampf to re-train them, banned all symbols too, worked like a charm. Germans are thoughtfully calm these days.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Why stop there............let ban bible/torah and the teaching of them.

No religions = no religious wars.

"Be nice to your neighbors" "turn the other cheek" yea horrible teachings Jesus did. Let's ban good deeds.

No religions = replace secular wars with religious wars

South Park did a great episode on stupid suggestions like yours http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go_XII

Most "religious" wars historically are just political power wars anyway in the guise of "religion."

routan

Sep 12, 2010
It's funny OP is trying to pretend he's a moderate as if there is such a thing.

lol. didnt read this before I answered your question about my opinion on Jews and Israel in the other thead.
you are a prime example of the retards on this forum with whom one should not engage in any communication.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
"Be nice to your neighbors" "turn the other cheek" yea horrible teachings Jesus did. Let's ban good deeds.

No religions = replace secular wars with religious wars

South Park did a great episode on stupid suggestions like yours http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go_XII

Most "religious" wars historically are just political power wars anyway in the guise of "religion."

What about the whole rest of the bible?

routan

Sep 12, 2010
What about the whole rest of the bible?

Please allow me (may God forgive me):
6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air

19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly
19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

2:11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren
2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

so on and so forth.

Also, please see here:
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
It's funny OP is trying to pretend he's a moderate as if there is such a thing.

What' worse is that Craig totally dismisses the subject at hand and tried to blame america again.