Ideas for sites for a Destination Wedding

snowdogg187

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2000
Thanks!

I thought the forum would be a great resource for this.

Exact resorts where you have attended these would be great.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
My cousin met her husband in Mexico.
They returned a year later and got married in the same town.

Let me get back to you.

EDIT: She met the man who would become her husband and then they got married. ;)

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Are all of your friends and family rich? If not and you don't want to pay for a lot yourself you will probably want to keep it within driving distance of where most guests live. I recently heard of somebody who rented out a whole bed and breakfast place for the weekend. There were something like 15~20 rooms and some cabins and they had the dinner, ceremony, reception etc... all there. Other friends have rented out a floor of a hotel by the beach etc...

But if your friends and family are loaded then several friends have been to the Sandals all inclusive resorts for their honeymoon and the had a great time. A cruise is also a good idea.

snowdogg187

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2000
Not rich at all. Friends are pretty much in the same boat but thatas why we want it to be as affordable as possible, mainly airfare and resort costs.

I just find it hard to get good info online and I always prefer word of mouth.

Thanks!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I can't imagine ever going to a destination wedding.

I love my sister. I'd give her a kidney. but I wouldn't fly 5 hours (plus airfair + hotel costs) just to watch her get married.

destination weddings, as well as engagement parties, really need to stop.

snowdogg187

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2000
I agree as I would not usually go either but thats why we are looking for more affordable places.

We are merely asking people if that want to attend as it will be during the MN winter so that means it's a vacation for us northerners. Not just wasting money on a wedding.