Ideas for a lowrider...

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Alright...a friend of mine is gonna be looking for a car, and he thinks he may want to get an older car and make it into a lowrider. I have a few questions. First, what are some cars that he should put into consideration? He and I were thinking a 96 Impala or mid 90's Cadillacs. Also, are there any advantages to air bags vs. hyrdaulics or vice versa? I'm not sure that here is the place to ask about lowriders, but it's worth a shot..thanks.

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Most of the people here are riceboys. They can tell you all about exhaust tips and Type R stickers.

BTW, don't forget the NAWS!!

SpeedFreak03

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Rastus
Most of the people here are riceboys. They can tell you all about exhaust tips and Type R stickers.

I agree! I have a 95 Eclipse GST that's pretty stock, for NOW, but when I get some cash, I'll have some fun! As for the lowrider, you gotta have a Caddy IMO. I like airbags better than hydraulics.

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Rastus

Heh... I realized that but I also noticed a bunch of people bashing on riceboys, so I figured they'd be able to share their opinions.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Ah..don't ruin a Impala SS and turn into a low rider.

Get those older Caddys or Lincolns.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
You need gold 12" daytons, whitewalls, make sure to add spacers so the rims stick out 6" on either side of the fenders. Hydrolics or bags are mandatory, but the choice is up to you on whice to you. You also need the red velvet interior, the "[Insert city name] Cruisin' crew" cast metal nameplate thin g for the back window, and don't forget to put your Hispanic surname in some kind of old-fashinoned looking font about 12 inches high across the back window.

tokamak

Golden Member
Nov 26, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred
don't forget to put your Hispanic surname

hehe i have a friend whose last name is Dow. hes a very unassuming, average looking caucasian. he went to a local flea market type thing and bought those letters youre talking about and put "DOW" on the back of his truck. crazy, that kid is....

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Dude, have him get a Sable and lowrider it. That would be the most awesome car ever conceived. heheh!

I would even give you immunity to my spoiler=instant castration rule if you put it on a Sable.

thraxes

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2000
Some people buy a 3GHZ P4 just to play games on, that in my mind is also a waste of money.

If you've got the money and working on cars is your hobby, go for it!!!

As to which car, I would put in a vote for a caddy el dorado, low Impalas are way cool but too common.

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by: rubenswm
what a waste of money

What's money? Seriously... it's him, not me (in my opinion its not a waste of money either), and he may do this because there are a bunch of riceboys at our school that get automatic 4 cylinder accords and dual exhaust them and put on body kits and sh!t...
Only problem is he now wants a car with not many miles, which might prove to be a problem.