Ideal places to overclock

tinyabs

Mar 8, 2003
Do computers in the Artic and Antartic regions overclocks without special equipments?

Any suggestions to where I should do my overclocking?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: tinyabs
Do computers in the Artic and Antartic regions overclocks without special equipments?

Any suggestions to where I should do my overclocking?

:confused:

KF

Golden Member
Dec 3, 1999
I would pick the Antarctic over the Arctic. Right around where those Emperor penguins hatch their eggs would probably work. D*mn cold down there. Plus you wouldn't have to live on an iceberg like you would at the North Pole.

As a compromise -you probably wouldn't get as good an OC- you could try Labrador. That's in Canada, so you might find a few people around, which could work out better. They've got a pretty good beer up there, in case you're worried. Molson's.

Keep in mind you will have to be outside. So take a good coat. See, if you're inside and it's like 70 degrees F, it really doesn't matter how cold it is outside.

Hope this helps.

mrgoblin

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2003
Or just buy a prommie and save the travelling expenses. Hope this was a sarchastic post.

dnuggett

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
Good luck finding an ISP in the Antartic or Arctic. Let us know how it went when you get back.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Go to the moon and set up a moon lab that drives over the surface of the moon as it rotates on it's axis so that you stay away from the sun all the time... it'll get pretty fuggin cold then =)

BG4533

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2001
I've heard hell is mighty cold...

Maybe you can use some damned souls on stationary bicycles to power the thing while you are at it.

videoclone

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2003
Is this a joke ?
rolleye.gif

jdogg707

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2002
Originally posted by: zodder
As long as he has a Centrino lappie, he'll be fine. :p

Ya, at least we all know a Centrino can connect on Mnt. Everest....I feel better knowing that no matter how cold or harsh it is, I can always check my E-Mail...hahaha

I pray this post is a joke....

mroleg

Nov 8, 2002
Originally posted by: BG4533
I've heard hell is mighty cold...

Maybe you can use some damned souls on stationary bicycles to power the thing while you are at it.

OMG. Did it froze over?...already?

l3ored

May 25, 2003
Originally posted by: jdogg707

Ya, at least we all know a Centrino can connect on Mnt. Everest....I feel better knowing that no matter how cold or harsh it is, I can always check my E-Mail...hahaha

sorry to burst your bubble, but they only have the internet up there because someone ran a wire to a wireless router, centrino aint THAT good

Goatsan

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: l3ored

sorry to burst your bubble, but they only have the internet up there because someone ran a wire to a wireless router, centrino aint THAT good

i belive he already knew that, and that he was just joking around

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: l3ored

Dude, are you saying the Centrino wasn't sent to us by God and doesn't have mystical powers that other computer processors don't have?????????

INemtsev

Jul 24, 2003
A friend of mine lives waaaaaaaaaaaay up north in Canada by Alaska he says that his watercooling radiator is outside his window and he must keep pc on 24/7 or the water will freeze.......he says while playing games his 2500+ BArton @ 2.2GHZ is @ 30C...

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: INemtsev
A friend of mine lives waaaaaaaaaaaay up north in Canada by Alaska he says that his watercooling radiator is outside his window and he must keep pc on 24/7 or the water will freeze.......he says while playing games his 2500+ BArton @ 2.2GHZ is @ 30C...

That sounds high for water cooling that's circulated outside into freezing cold weather.