Iced Tea

anno

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
it's a tough row to hoe in south carolina, even when you convince 'em you really want it unsweet they bring it to you with a pot of sugar subsitutes and almost never fail to refill it with sweet tea but I'm one of those rare southern gals who asks for her tea unsweet with lemon please.. because that's the way I want to drink it.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

He should have won the Derby man, another Philly horse who won't be able to get it done.. like all our damn pro teams.

Ummm... yeah

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: anno
it's a tough row to hoe in south carolina, even when you convince 'em you really want it unsweet they bring it to you with a pot of sugar subsitutes and almost never fail to refill it with sweet tea but I'm one of those rare southern gals who asks for her tea unsweet with lemon please.. because that's the way I want to drink it.

Virginia's the same way.

Never order just "Iced Tea"

You'll get a cup of sugar with some tea and ice cubes in it.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: deftron

He should have won the Derby man, another Philly horse who won't be able to get it done.. like all our damn pro teams.

Ummm... yeah

How the fuck.. I fixed that mess up in like .5 seconds, how'd you see? :(

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000

Ummm... yeah

Two Words:

Flux Capacitor

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000

Ummm... yeah

Two Words:

Flex Compacitor

You flex your compacitor?

myusername

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2003
In the south, I just get sweet tea because it's easier. Honestly, the plain tea is usually not brewed strong enough to be any good anyway, so it's better to just get the sweet. Now OTOH, absolutely NOTHING beats a glass of ice cold Sun Tea that's been brewing the whole day. No sugar, just insane tea goodness.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
I like my tea either really, really, really sweet or not sweetened at all.

No in between. Dump ONE packet of sugar in my tea and you've ruined it. Going to have to add three or four more. ;)

anno

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: anno

Virginia's the same way.

Never order just "Iced Tea"

You'll get a cup of sugar with some tea and ice cubes in it.

virginia must have changed! I spent my first 35 years in various parts of virginia.. and didn't even know there was such a thing as "unsweet" tea til I moved to south carolina! there was tea.. and sweet tea.

here, you got your tea.. which comes with 3 cups of sugar per gallon.. my husband was assigned tea as his contribution to some office pot luck thing one time and he allowed as how he could do that but he'd need a recipe.. and that was the recipe.., and your unsweet tea.. the (good) plain stuff. :)

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
I ask for it unsweet so I can add as much sweetener as I want. If I order it sweet, it generally comes all syrupy. I also don't let the waiter refill my tea until it's empty, lest he screw up the tea/sweetener ratio!

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Sweet. Very sweet. I don't like it unsweetened, but I'll drink it if there's nothing better around. Tea that's just barely sweetened is just annoying... it needs to be *sweet*.