i7 920 + p6t auto voltages ok?

spindrjr

Jul 5, 2009
So I just built my new i7 920 rig and decided to overclock it since I heard it was quite easy. I read some guides and stuff online on how the various spec are related so I'm not totally clueless, but this is my first overclock so I'm a newb.

Last night I ran prime95 all night on the following overclock and it seemed fine:

Speedstep off
CPU at 4GHz (20x200)
DDR3 at 1603 MHz
UCLK at 3208 MHz
QPI at 7218 MHz
CPU voltage at 1.2125
QPI/DRAM voltage at 1.2125

This all seemed to run just fine all night with 8 threads of prime95 at about 65 degrees C. The whole thing seemed stupid-easy to accomplish so I'm concerned. All of my other settings in my bios (asus p6t) are on AUTO. Can that be a bad thing? Is it possible my mobo is frying some part that's on AUTO voltage to run this overclock?

My main concern is the PLL and RAM voltages, which are both on auto. I hear that too high of a voltage on the ram can fry everything. Should I be manually setting all of these values to be safe? I can't seem to find exactly what values these auto ones are being set at, either in bios or in cpu-z/speedfan, is there a way to find these numbers with software?

Thanks for any thoughts/advice