I7-4770K 3.5 and maximus vi gene

TimeToOwnu

Mar 12, 2014
Hello all i just built my computer a few week's ago.I love my set up but i just ran into a wall a day or two ago.I am trying to live stream titanfall and my cpu seem's to be getting close to maxing out.So i decided to try and overclock it abit. So a bit about my set up.

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus MAXIMUS VI GENE Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR3-1866 Memory
Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card
Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Now to the problem.I went into my bio's and found a setting called CPU level up.Gave an option of 4.2 4.3 and 4.6 or something close to this.
When i choose eather of these and i boot up into windows 8 i get a blue screen saying it crashed.
So my question is what would be the best setting for this set up and how would i go about it?
I am new to overclocking so please be genital.

zir_blazer

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2013
You may also want to consider checking if you can using Software that can either use Haswell GPU's QuickSync or nVidia ShadowPlay to encode on-the-fly. Not sure how developed or capable they were, but last time I hear, they were looking good.

TimeToOwnu

Mar 12, 2014
Yes i have tried shadow play but i start getting very glitchy while i use it.
Thank you for the link also some usefull information in there.Most of it is greek to me at the moment but i am learning.

Also with my gpu i was reading that it is good up to 80c and when under a loud i stay around 75-78 c. So would this mean i would not be able to over clock my gpu?
I have also thought about buying a water cooler for my gpu as well.