Grey!matter

Feb 5, 2011
Just got my new computer up and running this week and everything seems to be fine except for a small issue. While playing Wow on mostly ultra settings my fps never drops below 60 even while frapsing, however, I have noticed what appears to be small stuttering a lot of the times. What would be causing this? I have everything at stock settings currently(i5 2500k, gtx 460 1gb) with my temps at(never exceeding under load) 30-44 and 50 respectively. I frapsed this in game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZubY9ACkHg thanks

kevykay

Feb 25, 2011
Hmm.. I haven't noticed that on my 2500k. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1. Did you reformat or reuse your existing windows installation?

Grey!matter

Feb 5, 2011
Doesnt matter what settings I have. My friend and I found that if I went from Fullscreen-> wide screen(windowed) and it fixes it, however when I reset my computer I have the issue again when I load up

Athadeus

Feb 29, 2004
Do you mean that it is occurring again in full screen, or that it also occurs in windowed after reload? Do you have WoW on an SSD or HDD?

ValkyrAssassin

Jul 27, 2008
By "frapsing" do you mean just using it as an fps counter, or are you making vids? If the latter, of course you'll get micro-stutter, as the hard disk will be overloaded.

betasub

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2006
^ "micro-stutter" usually refers to uneven AFR in multi-card systems. OP's stutter appears to be some sort of caching or buffering issue.

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
Sounds more like a video card forum issue. I don't think the 2500K has anything to do with it. Try OCing that muvva!

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
That is actually a game problem and not a system problem on your end. Check the WOW forums as there is a line you need to add to an INI file or something along those lines. My son had the same problem with his game till he got the fix.