i5-2500k at 5Ghz.. wow..

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jman13

Apr 9, 2001
Way OT, but where does one even see this info? I don't even know where to look :p

You're member #110,018. I'm #49,268. The member # is the number in the URL when viewing someone's profile. (you can just hover on someone's name and look at the URL at the bottom of the screen)

Looks like there's a few over 305,000 member numbers issued. Forum stats at the bottom of the main forum page say there are 304,464 members, though only 7,862 are active.

Last edited:

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
You're member #110,018. I'm #49,268. The member # is the number in the URL when viewing someone's profile. (you can just hover on someone's name and look at the URL at the bottom of the screen)

Looks like there's a few over 305,000 member numbers issued. Forum stats at the bottom of the main forum page say there are 304,464 members, though only 7,862 are active.

Ah, thanks!

Looks like growth has slowed, eh? Any charts or statistics on this stuff? :)

Sorry to derail...

I don't know if I am jealous of your being able to just set that stuff all out on the counter or not, OP :p Seeing that everyday would slowly drive me insane until I spent money on a case...

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999

It doesn't always work out when recovering accounts or merging them though, take me as an example.

Ah, thanks!

Looks like growth has slowed, eh? Any charts or statistics on this stuff? :)

No charts that I know of.

No one bothered to track that stuff, although I'm sure someone could pull a report from the database in terms of posts/day over time or some such and it would give some indication of where we are at in terms of growth, plateau, or decline.

I suspect we are still in growth mode.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
It doesn't always work out when recovering accounts or merging them though, take me as an example.

No charts that I know of.

No one bothered to track that stuff, although I'm sure someone could pull a report from the database in terms of posts/day over time or some such and it would give some indication of where we are at in terms of growth, plateau, or decline.

I suspect we are still in growth mode.

Hah! Come on, IDC, I've come to rely on you for expert analysis and easy to read while relevant charts. You're really letting me down! :p

It seems like that would be relevant to the advertisement revenue to some degree, although I suppose that would be driven more on the data the cookies are gleaning (and I am sure there is some very fancy reporting on that...) than actual registration and participation data. Perhaps the majority of traffic here is from folks who will never bother to register.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah, we mods are separate from the commercial side of the forum administration, I don't even know their names let alone how to get in contact with them other than asking Anand to point me in their direction.

As for lurkers versus registrants, that number is publicly viewable on one of these VBulletin pages and it generally hovers around 4:1 (4 people not logged in versus every 1 that is).

Blades

Oct 9, 1999
I like your case. I'd consider repositioning the fan on your radiator, though. From the picture it looks like it's blowing the hot air back onto the mobo. Not a big deal in open air, but it's not helping. (Or just get a 10-12" desk fan and call it a day.)

It draws air away from the mobo. I was sure of that.. besides, if it was the other way.. I'd be liable for a clipped finger.

Thanks again to the mods for restoring my account.

thelastjuju

Nov 6, 2011
5ghz, huh? Very cool for bragging rights.. but I'd bet the ACTUAL performance gains just aren't there the way you'd expect them to be for such an increase from the stock clock speed.

Jman13

Apr 9, 2001
From stock, its a pretty big boost. You're talking a nearly 50% increase in pure processing speed. Now, from normal over clocks in the 4.5 area, its not that big of a jump.

Blades

Oct 9, 1999

That particular page is a nice example of HT's advantage.. i5-2500K vs i7-2600K. :( Didn't think my laptop was all that grand with it's fancy pants HTing. The rest of the benchmarks are more favorable to the 2500K tho.. I gotta tell you, 4.9 to 5.0 ghz is LOADS faster.. Do I really have to indicate sarcasm, or is that statement enough?

Its been running stable with a 1350mhz gpu overclock... I haven't tested any higher.. I know the gpu can reach 1600mhz easy @ 4.8ghz, because I did that before.. Sometimes I'd actually prefer that because QuickSync gets a nice boost in perf.