I5 2500 cpu fan start and stop after 3 sec with no beep

drakkargzr

May 8, 2016
I have an HP 8200 Elite with i5 2500.
2) It developed a problem, not booting and beeping 4 times at startup instead.
3) I replaced everything in the PC with other mobo h61m p31 and another mobo p8h 61mlx, and it's still not working.
4) The CPU works in another HP motherboard,like the one i used to have but neither of the ones I bought.
5) Ive tried an i3 in the two motherboards and they all boot, but my i5 will not boot in them.
6) My same RAM and power supply also work with the i3 in my same motherboards

It's so confusing. I seem to have isolated every component, and they all work individually, but never together.
Please help me what could be the problem and please don't answer me with clear Cmos cauz i cleared it like million time and i tried another psu seem problem
Could it be the bios problem please help me it been 2 months

Last edited:

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Please help me what could be the problem and please don't answer me with clear Cmos cauz i cleared it like million time and i tried another psu seem problem

I suppose that it s useless to ask if you have checked the battery..?..

Sheep221

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2012
Thread name: I5 2500 cpu fan start and stop after 3 sec with no beep
First point: It developed a problem, not booting and beeping 4 times at startup instead.
So which is it? If first, the CPU power connector is loose/not plugged into mobo, if the second, RAM issue, likely unseated RAM or placed in order your CPU does not recognize it.

drakkargzr

May 8, 2016
Forget about the first hp 8200 i changed everything after its start beeping i bought a new case new psu and new mobos i took only the cpu i5 2500 and ram

drakkargzr

May 8, 2016
What battery im telling you the Motherboards are working fine with an i3 and even with another i5. And my cpu i tested in my friend pc he had an hp like mine and its working. Everything is fine when i test it individually but when i put it together the cpu fan star for like 4 second and stops

drakkargzr

May 8, 2016
I need some thinking out of the box changing battery and clear cmos is so abvious im telling its been 2 months i want to know if the bios can do this problem its the only thing that i didnt touch till now i need someone with good experience in this area

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
Was going to say the 4/8 pin CPU connectors, but since OP said i5 won't work in others- perhaps problem solved?

dbcooper1

May 22, 2008
With the i3 installed, see what version the BIOS is and go to the motherboard website and see if it supports the i5. If not, use the i3 to update to a newer version that does.

Sheep221

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2012
With the i3 installed, see what version the BIOS is and go to the motherboard website and see if it supports the i5. If not, use the i3 to update to a newer version that does.
It could be the bios issue, but not for reasons you stated since he hears beeping and i5-2500 is oldest i5 for LGA1155 every mobo has its microcode.

redzo

Nov 21, 2007
I have an HP 8200 Elite with i5 2500.
2) It developed a problem, not booting and beeping 4 times at startup instead.
3) I replaced everything in the PC with other mobo h61m p31 and another mobo p8h 61mlx, and it's still not working.
4) The CPU works in another HP motherboard,like the one i used to have but neither of the ones I bought.
5) Ive tried an i3 in the two motherboards and they all boot, but my i5 will not boot in them.
6) My same RAM and power supply also work with the i3 in my same motherboards

I find this so weird that I can hardly believe it.
Was that HP 8200 Elite with an i5 2500 brand new or a refurbished one?
The only explanation that I can come up with is that you may be owning some exotic oem i5 2500 revision or some engineering sample i5.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Make sure the BIOS is up to date. Get the exact ID of the motherboard and confirm it is compatible with that i5.