Hello,
I just bought PC for about 1 000$.

The specs are:
Name: Acer Aspire TC-895
CPU: Intel i5 10400F Comet Lake 4.3 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2 133 MHz
Ambient room air temp: 26-28 °C

When I run PC, it has idle temperature of CPU about 40 °C slowly going to 50 °C (during cca 10 minutes) and then cooler starts humming (make loud sound). There is stock cooler, I didn't buy another...Then after about one minute it cools down to 40 °C again and everything "repeat". Let me repeat again, that this is behaviour when idle - only desktop is shown and no application (like browser, games etc.) are runnig. Is it normal? In idle?? For me it sound strange, that about every 10 minutes cooler starts to make that loud sound. Also I read on internet, that idle temp should be about 30 °C (And for my PC it is almost "impossible" to go so low with temp...). If I look at HW monitor (NZXT CAM ), I see, that up to 50 °C cooler has about 800 RPM and then during that "high speed" cooling it has about 2500 RPM. Is it normal?

I am afraid, because it is new computer, considered as gaming computer (even not the most powerful one...). Should I complaint it to PC store? I have now 10 day, when I can get full money back if i return it...

Let me also notice, that during playing 3D game (kingdom come) cpu temp goes above 80 °C during few minutes (I haven't play it for longer time, so I don't know what will happen with CPU temp if I play it for let's say 2 hours...)

Thanks for every advice!
[IMG]

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I think that I have one of those, bought it sans (without) GPU, I added a GTX 1650 (non-Super, D6), and most importantly, I added a chassis exhaust fan, because there wasn't one. I used an 80mm, a 120mm wouldn't fit, maybe a 92mm would have fit. There is a chassis fan header on the board.

If your PC didn't come with a chassis exhaust fan in the rear panel, IT NEEDS ONE. See about buying an 80mm case fan from Newegg or Amazon, or take it to a PC shop, hopefully it won't be too expensive to just install a fan. I'd do it for $30 if you were in the area.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Larry's advice above is really good... aside from a fan, at the very minimum you also should get some decent RAM... at least 16 GB @ 2400.

But honestly, if your machine has the same motherboard and power supply as the one reviewed here - https://www.windowscentral.com/acer-aspire-tc-895-review - (just without GPU but with 12 GB RAM), I would return it and build something else for a similar price (assuming you're in the U.S.) : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7wkYj2. Every individual part in that build is better than what Acer assembled together.

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Listen to Larry.
Your case is insulating and hot exhausting.
Meaning the case is getting hotter and hotter internally, which is causing the fan to ramp up, until a critical point in your fan curve is attained which is ramps up.

Then the extreme delta from your case, stabilizes somewhat and causes your fans to ramp down.

Best test is if your case has a side panel, remove it, and run your PC without the panel.
If problems do not persist, you have a air flow problem with your PC case.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson

dinoq

Jul 5, 2021
I think that I have one of those, bought it sans (without) GPU, I added a GTX 1650 (non-Super, D6), and most importantly, I added a chassis exhaust fan, because there wasn't one. I used an 80mm, a 120mm wouldn't fit, maybe a 92mm would have fit. There is a chassis fan header on the board.

If your PC didn't come with a chassis exhaust fan in the rear panel, IT NEEDS ONE. See about buying an 80mm case fan from Newegg or Amazon, or take it to a PC shop, hopefully it won't be too expensive to just install a fan. I'd do it for $30 if you were in the area.
I also don't have chassis fan. Which one you have bought? 3 pin or 4 pin? I have bought 4 pin, but I can't control it. Not from any software nor from BIOS. Only settings related to fan in BIOS is "smart fan" feature. If I disable it, both fan runs at 100% (and relatively very loud). If I set smart fan, then CPU fan is regulated by CPU temp, while chassis fan not run at all... Any idea?