I wrote an essay for my G/F and I'm disappointed that it got an A-

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Wtf? They offer ESL writing class at college level? Or are you just a pedophile dating a high schooler?

Tommy2000GT

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000
Who am I to judge if a woman just wants to focus on her oral skillz. :p

But it sounds like she needs the course if she can't comfortably write the essay. Some college requirements are like 'wtf, when am I ever going to use this???...' but that doesn't apply here because the answer is 'immediately.'

I don't write her essays all the time. I do it for when she gets overwhelmed.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
She kept pleading for me to do it and I pretended I didn't want to do it although I didn't mind. I wanted to see what kind of grade I would get.

Have you done this before? Why would she even think this was a possibility? I mean clearly she was right (you did it), but I would have never uttered the words "please write my paper" to anyone I knew in college because they'd laugh at me. I realize it's a different situation because you are dating but still. Is this a common thing in your relationship?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I bust my balls in English and frequently get B's.

If you really wanna improve, find a writing tutor. Otherwise dont dwell. Its depressing.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I bust my balls in English and frequently get B's.

If you really wanna improve, find a writing tutor. Otherwise dont dwell. Its depressing.

What are you talking about? The OP is not dwelling. He's done with college and was writing his gf's paper for her.

Tommy2000GT

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000
Have you done this before? Why would she even think this was a possibility? I mean clearly she was right (you did it), but I would have never uttered the words "please write my paper" to anyone I knew in college because they'd laugh at me. I realize it's a different situation because you are dating but still. Is this a common thing in your relationship?

No, this was the 1st time. She was very tired and it was due in the morning. She kept procrastinating and by the time we went home, she was too tired.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Grade giving is so arbitrary.

Teachers are inconsistent and BIASED to how much they like the student or not. :colbert:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
You are having a ball with these look at me stories/threads.

Why can your GF not do her own work; incapable of such?

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Wtf? They offer ESL writing class at college level? Or are you just a pedophile dating a high schooler?

Of course they offer ESL writing classes at college level. A lot of foreigners come to America just go to to college.

Also high schooler = pedophile? I don't think you know what that word means...

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Of course they offer ESL writing classes at college level. A lot of foreigners come to America just go to to college.

Also high schooler = pedophile? I don't think you know what that word means...

Yes, high schooler = pedophile... high school age range is 12-16. I suggest you look up what the word pedophile means.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Yes, high schooler = pedophile... high school age range is 12-16. I suggest you look up what the word pedophile means.

He's right, actually. "Pedophile" is defined as someone who has a sexual interest in prepubescent children.

So I guess you should have taken your own advice there.